| 12 |

ㄒ卄乇 ㄒㄖ爪卂几 ㄒ尺卂丨ㄒㄖ尺

ㄒ卄乇 ㄒㄖ爪卂几 ㄒ尺卂丨ㄒㄖ尺

[The Invitation]

Cold.

You were cold.

Standing in the middle of the road as the rain poured down onto you, staring at nothing in particular, you waited. You waited for something to happen, whether it be a car driving by and hitting you, or those guys coming back to finish you off. But nothing seemed to happen the longer you stood there, as if the world was telling you it wasn't your time, that you needed to suffer through this damage for just a little longer.

Your clothes clung to your body as you walked down the sidewalk, cuts and tears from the knives those men had were revealed through the missing pieces of cloth.

You weren't walking anywhere in particular, not even knowing where to go at all. Sure, you could go to your friends for help, Mitsuya would probably be the best one, but they would all be there for you no matter what. You didn't know what you would tell them, even just thinking about what had happened made you freeze up and break down into tears, you also didn't want them to see you like this. So... broken, a piece of you gone that you would never be able to get back.

The rain helped wash away the blood that had trickled from your lip, stinging when a drop or two would land on the cut itself. The people walking across the city would give you looks ranging from worried to weird out.

But none of them even bothered to stop and ask if you were okay.

You stared at your feet, continuing to walk in whatever direction they led you. Shivering at the feeling of multiple sets of hands roaming across your body, trying to push them all away, only to realize they weren't even there in the first place.

The tears you thought had dried up long ago reappeared, running down your cheeks as you cried out, falling to your knees leaving people to walk around you.

And suddenly, like a spark igniting in the dark, all your sadness turned to anger.

~

Your eyes snapped open, covered in a cold sweat, shaking, your heart pounding in your chest as you looked around your room. The apartment was silent except for a few old creaks here and there, and the quiet music coming from Hanma's room. You stood up from your bed, legs trembling as you stumbled over to your bedroom door, shuffling down the hallway until you reached the bathroom.