| 30 |

ㄒ卄乇 ㄒㄖ爪卂几 ㄒ尺卂丨ㄒㄖ尺

ㄒ卄乇 ㄒㄖ爪卂几 ㄒ尺卂丨ㄒㄖ尺

[A Team of Friends]

"No, I'm telling you, it was awful." You said, shoulder bumping against Chifuyu as the both of you walked down the street, heading back towards Takemichi's apartment where the three of you had planned to hang out and play some board games for the rest of the night.

"Couldn't have been worse than mine, it tasted like someone spat in it." Chifuyu shuddered, complaining about the food he had ordered at some sketchy restaurant on the other side of town.

"Let's just agree to never go there again." You sighed, Chifuyu humming in agreement.

"It's still raining." Chifuyu commented after a moment of silence, adjusting the umbrella so it would cover you more than him.

"No shit." You replied, rolling your eyes at the blonde male next to you, and irk mark appearing on his forehead at your response, having half the urge to take the umbrella all for himself and let you walk in the rain but he held himself back. You held your hand out to his chest, stopping the small steps he had been taking, "Is that Takemichi?" You asked, removing your hand from him and pointing towards the crybaby blonde, punching the hanging tires in the park.

"Huh?" Chifuyu asked, distracted from the feeling where your hand had been touching him, his cheeks turning red at the close proximity the two of you were in. "Takemichi?" He snapped out of his thoughts, turning his attention to where you were pointing, and it was in fact Takemichi, yelling out as he punched the tires over and over.

"I won't lose!!" You both could hear him yell from where you were standing.

"What the hell is he doing?" You whispered, abandoning Chifuyu and the umbrella, instead walking towards Takemichi, a worried look plastered across your face as soon as you noticed the blood dripping from both of his hands. "Takemichi?" You spoke from behind the boy, startled he jumped around, his eyes widening with an embarrassed blush across his face.

"Y-Y/N?!"

"What are you doing?" Chifuyu asked, finally joining by your side, once again holding the umbrella over your head, despite your clothes already having gotten wet.

"Chifuyu?! What are you guys doing here?" Takemichi asked, even more embarrassed now that had been caught by two people instead of one.

"What are you... I was walking Y/N back, and we were all going to hang out, but then we saw a weirdo fighting a wheel." Chifuyu answered, "Talking with a tire, in this rain, that's totally creepy." He finished, both boys' attention falling onto you who was trying to stifle your laughter.

"It is kind of weird..." You chuckled, turning your face away from them to hide the smile on your face.

"Shut up! I'm not playing around here, I'm busy!!" Takemichi yelled at the both of you, turning back around to the tire he had been hitting.

"What are you talking about?" Chifuyu asked, tilting his head to the side, sending you a quick glance before focusing back on the other male.

"I'm training." Takemichi said, sending his fist flying towards the tire, blood splattering to the ground at his hard punch. You winced seeing his blood drip down from his knuckles, he wasn't even wincing from the pain he should have felt. "I have to get stronger than anyone... No matter what, if I don't get stronger, the future won't change!!" Chifuyu's eyes widened at Takemichi's words, you stood there, eyes locked onto his knuckles, more specifically the blood coming from his wounds.

"You're... The Takemichi of the future?" Chifuyu stuttered out, Takemichi turned around to face the two of you, slowly nodding his head he began to explain what all had happened in the future he had just come back from.

"What?!!" Chifuyu yelled out after hearing all that happened, his eyes almost bulging out of his head, the umbrella falling to the ground at some point during his shock. "Everyone is dead? And Mikey killed them?" Chifuyu repeated, looking over to you he looked for some kind of reaction, but all you could do was stare blankly at the ground.

"That's why I have to get stronger." Takemichi said, turning back to the tire, "Future me left Toman, everyone always protected me." His fist came in contact with the tire, sending it flying before it fell back into place. "I'm so pitiful... So in order to stay in Toman, everyone must acknowledge my strength!" Chifuyu's eyes widened slightly, finally noticing the state of Takemichi's hands.

"Hey," Chifuyu grabbed one of Takemichi's arms, making his fist visible to his eyes. "They're all bloody." Takemichi removed his arm from Chifuyu's hold, once again punching at the tire. Chifuyu took a step forward, noticing that small chunks of the tire were missing, "You... Takemichi, have you been doing this all day?"

Takemichi ignored his question and kept hitting the tire, more blood spilling from his busted knuckles.

"Stop it, Takemichi." You finally spoke, stepping towards the blonde male.

"I've thought a lot about this, with Naoto. What can I do in the past for the future to turn out well, to successfully save everyone... We had no clue, we were walking in a circle! Who killed Hina?! Did Mikey really kill everyone?! Why is Y/N never in the future?!" Takemichi rambled on, punching even harder than he had before, the tears he had in his eyes blurred his vision so much that he couldn't see your movement from the side, grabbing the back of his jacket, you slammed his body onto the ground.

"I said stop!!" You yelled, glaring down at the blonde now laying on the ground. Takemichi couldn't even be bothered to feel scared at your sudden outburst, instead he cried.

He cried his heart out.

"I couldn't do anything... How am I going to save everyone?!" Takemichi wailed out, your glare softened at the crying boy, feeling a part of your heart ache for him. "It's too hard, I'm pitiful!" You moved to sit down next to him, softly pushing back his hair from his eyes. "Mikey died in my arms... I can still feel him in my hands... I just can't take it anymore." Chifuyu walked over and took a seat on the other side of Takemichi, the three of you now just sitting silently in the rain.

"What a fucked up future..." Chifuyu sighed, staring down at his hand in his lap, "But to be honest, it makes me happy." Takemichi turned his head slightly, making a sound of confusion. "I mean, we were able to meet again. I didn't think we'd be able to."

"I agree with Chifuyu, I'm happy to see you again, Takemichi." You said, smiling down at the boy. His lips trembled, more tears forming in the bottoms of his eyes. "You're not alone in doing this, you have us with you, Takemichi."

"Yeah! We're going to get through this together, as a team!" Chifuyu smiled, the three of you standing up from the muddied ground, and began to walk back to the apartment. Laughing at each other because of how dirty your clothes were, knowing that you all would be sick the very next day.

But it was worth it, because a team of friends were formed, and there was no stopping them.

Golden eyes peered around the corner of a building, watching as you walked away with Takemichi and Chifuyu, his tattooed fists clenching in anger at the thought of you choosing them over him.

ㄒ卄乇 ㄒㄖ爪卂几 ㄒ尺卂丨ㄒㄖ尺