Mikey (ending)

*All character endings have nothing to do with what happens in the original storyline, these are all 'what ifs' and 'what could have beens', but will also be taking place as if Y/N didn't attend the final fight.*

ㄒ卄乇 ㄒㄖ爪卂几 ㄒ尺卂丨ㄒㄖ尺

ㄒ卄乇 ㄒㄖ爪卂几 ㄒ尺卂丨ㄒㄖ尺

[All Things Must Come to An End]

There was a time when everything was normal.

There was a time where you and Mikey didn't know each other.

Where you were both just two little kids, who's families happened to know each other, and thought it would be a good idea to introduce the two youngests in the family.

But when Mikey took his first look at you, he didn't see anything special.

In fact, he didn't even pay any attention to you, ignoring your questions as his mom and yours sent you to play on the playground as they sat on a bench and talked. Instead he boredly sat in the sandbox, fingers raking through the tiny grains of sand, blocking out the constant continuation of words leaving your mouth.

It is true that Mikey didn't like you when you first met.

Being forced to play on the playground with some weak, dumb girl who wouldn't stop talking, and it may have pissed him off that you were just a tad bit taller than him. And god were you annoying, trying to get his attention by poking his arm continuously, blubbering out his name.

"Manjiro..." You poked his arm, once, twice, and thrice before sighing in disappointment.

Mikey almost sent a prayer to the gods when your annoying voice had finally shut up, beginning to finally enjoy his time in the sandbox as his back was turned to you. As much as he didn't want to be here, he had to admit, it was going too bad now that there was silence, but as he suspected, you hadn't decided to give up quite yet.

"...Manjiro, do you wanna go play on the swings with me?" You whispered, standing up from the sand and dusting off the light blue dress your mother had put you in before leaving the apartment. Your shadow was looming over Mikey's figure, his fists clenching in anger at you speaking his name once again.

"Why would I want to play with someone like you? You're nothing but weak." He said, head turning to the side and glaring at you from over his shoulder.

He knows that what he's saying isn't nice, and that if his mother were to hear him she would be thoroughly disappointed with him, and god... He didn't even want to think about what his older brother would say.