Kazutora (ending)

*All character endings have nothing to do with what happens in the original storyline, these are all 'what ifs' and 'what could have beens', but will also be taking place as if Y/N didn't attend the final fight.*

ㄒ卄乇 ㄒㄖ爪卂几 ㄒ尺卂丨ㄒㄖ尺

ㄒ卄乇 ㄒㄖ爪卂几 ㄒ尺卂丨ㄒㄖ尺

[From Friends to Lovers]

Nights in jail were long and brutal.

Spending long, awakened hours just lying on a cot, staring up at the cold concrete of a ceiling, waiting.

Desperately waiting for the day where instead of staring up at the boring ceiling, he would find himself glancing up into the sky from outside.

Longing to see the light blue spread overhead as white clouds swept through the sky, longing to see the darkness rise from one side, as the light went down on the other. The glow of the silver moon taking its rightful place as stars lit up a path, ones that he used to play connect the dots with.

But it is with these long, lonely nights, that Kazutora finds himself waiting.

Waiting for the day in which he would take his first step back out into the real world, for the days when he would realize that life out there seemed much scarier than the one he had grown used to behind bars.

What was going on out there?

What was everyone up to now?

Were they moving on without him?

Were they still his friends?

Would they still be there for him when the day would finally come?

Each and every day, his head was filled with those countless questions as he waited.

Sitting around with nothing to do other than make conversation with his neighboring inmates who usually only brushed him off after the first few greetings.

Sitting around while waiting for someone to visit him, to tell him that he wasn't alone, that there were still others on the outside, waiting for him.

Wanting, no, needing someone to quiet the whispers in the back of his head, mumbling that he was all alone now, that everyone had left him, and that was the reason why no one had visited him.

He was scared.

Scared of what would become of him if he had to suffer through another night, with only the voices in his head and the distant drops of water leaking from the pipe in his cells.