Hanma (ending)

*All character endings have nothing to do with what happens in the original storyline, these are all 'what ifs' and 'what could have beens', but will also be taking place as if Y/N didn't attend the final fight.*

ㄒ卄乇 ㄒㄖ爪卂几 ㄒ尺卂丨ㄒㄖ尺

ㄒ卄乇 ㄒㄖ爪卂几 ㄒ尺卂丨ㄒㄖ尺

[Promises are the Sweetest Lies]

The sky overhead was dark, the moon tucked away behind a large cloud, blocking the natural glow of its light as your feet carried you down the narrow sidewalk towards the apartment building you resided in. Keys jingled as you swung them around your index finger, bag tightly slung over your shoulder, the small keychain with the pet store's logo printed across the front, jumped up and down with each step. Your phone was clutched in between your fingers in your other hand, thumb furiously typing away at a text for Chifuyu, letting him know that you had successfully closed up the shop since he had to leave earlier in the day.

Right as you were about to send the text, your screen froze for a split second before Chifuyu's name flashed across the screen, ringtone blaring out into the dead silence of the night. Quietly cursing to yourself, you stumbled over your feet as you tripped over a curb, keys almost falling to the ground if it wasn't for your finger quickly reacting and catching the key ring before they could fall. Sliding your finger across the screen you stopped in your tracks, taking a moment to hold the phone against your ear and fix your hold on your keys before continuing.

"Hey, I was just about to send you a text. I locked everything up and counted the money in the register, did everything like you asked me to." You spoke into the phone, hearing only the eerie silence coming from the other end before it erupted into an explosion of shouting and loud music.

"Y/N?" You could just barely hear the sound of Chifuyu's voice calling out your name through the speaker, "Heyyy, did everything go okay?" His voice was much clearer and sounded like it was a lot closer to the phone than he had been before. "You have a good night?"

"Did you even hear what I just said-" You let out a quick sigh, "I- You know what, what are you doing right now? Are you at a club?"

"Noo! I'm with Takemichi and some of the other boys, we were- we're just hanging out, ya know?" He slurred through his sentence, appearing to get farther away from the music playing in the background.

"Are you drunk?" You asked, stopping in front of the apartment building, "Do you need a ride home?"

"Kazutora said he was going to drive us home." A new voice chimed in, higher pitched in tone and softer in comparison to Chifuyu. Takemichi was leaning over Chifuyu's shoulder, head resting against his friends to hear your voice through the speaker.