| 50 |

ㄒ卄乇 ㄒㄖ爪卂几 ㄒ尺卂丨ㄒㄖ尺

ㄒ卄乇 ㄒㄖ爪卂几 ㄒ尺卂丨ㄒㄖ尺

[Healing]

Takemichi laid in the hospital bed, having no other option than to stare at the ceiling. The pain he felt in his body was unbearable, the pain meds that the nurse had given him earlier in the day beginning to wear off.

His face was covered in bandages, a breathing mask placed over his mouth and nose, arm wrapped in a thick cast, lying across his leg.

The door to his room slid open, Chifuyu walking in and taking a seat in the chair beside the bed, his head hung low as Takemichi looked to see who it was from the corner of his eye.

"I went to Draken's funeral." Chifuyu started, his body shaking, eyes red and puffy from the tears he had shed.

You appeared in Takemichi's doorway to visit your friend, a basket full of snacks in your hands, but when your eyes landed on Chifuyu already sitting next to the bed talking, you decided to just give them time and stand outside the door.

"Everything that's happened, it's hard to take it in... It got me pondering... Takemichi, what is wrong with you?" Chifuyu asked, tears welling up in his eyes, "You... Met Draken in the future, right? So why is he gone? Why did you have to come back when things were going so well in the future?!" Chifuyu's voice raised, his tears streaming down his cheeks.

Your eyebrows furrowed at Chifuyu's words, flinching back in your spot when his voice became louder. You could understand where Chifuyu was coming from, coming back from a future that was near perfect, just to save two lousy people who would probably never be happy again.

The thought alone made a tear slide down your cheek, the voices in your head screaming that you were the one to blame, that you caused all of this.

Takemichi could only lay there, listening to Chifuyu's words, lips parted slightly as he let out a sigh. "It's your fault that Draken is...!" Chifuyu stopped himself from continuing his sentence, hand slapping across his mouth, muffling the sound of his sobs. "I'm sorry, Takemichi..."

"It's okay, Chifuyu." Takemichi whispered, his voice hoarse, throat aching from talking. Chifuyu's head shot up, finally looking at the injured blonde on the bed. "It's all my fault."

"Huh? You..." Chifuyu's eyebrows furrowed, wiping the tears from his eyes as he stared at Takemichi.

"Can you leave me alone, please?" Takemichi asked, letting his eyes close shut, hearing the sound of Chifuyu's feet shuffling against the floor after a moment of silence.