Chapter 9 Axl ❤️ Licah

Licah's POV

"How did you know LJ?"
Axl is pretending he doesn't know Trent.

"Trent Rivera, his ex-boyfriend. We were batchmates."
Trent answered him while looking at Axl's hand on my waist.

"Baby, you never told me that you have an ex-boyfriend. You never mentioned his name ever." Such a fake.

I am trying to let go of his hand. I am not doing this acting. This is pathetic.

"LJ, can we talk? five minutes."
Trent requested.

Okay.
"Uhmm." I am trying to choose the right word to say.

"Lj can't talk to you unless he wants to see me killing you in front of him." Axl looked at me.
"So you want to talk with this guy?"

I turned to Trent. "We don't need to talk, Trent. I need to...I mean we need to go."

I rushed to the car.
"Are you okay?" Axl rubbed my back.
"You want to go rest now? I will send you home."

"You don't need to. I can go home alone."

"I know you can. I just want to make sure that you are not meeting that guy behind my back. Don't try, LJ. Don't tell me that I didn't warn you." Axl opened the car for me.

"I am not going to talk to him. And besides, this is my call if I am going to meet him or not. You can't tell me what to do." The argument continued even if we are inside the car already with Khalil and Mike freely listening.

"Yeah, your call, but not when I told you already that I like you. You can't meet him. You can't talk to him. I will know, LJ. I have all the means to know if you try meeting him." He warned.

I just kept quiet.

I am sure that Trent is there to fix things with Eric.

We arrived at the building owned by Axl's family. I have a unit there.

Axl followed me to the lobby and talked to the guards. He is serious when he said he will know.

"See you tomorrow." He smiled.

Ughh. Whatever.

I was already resting in my bed when I decided to check my phone first.
Trent's account became active again after years of not using it. I received a lot of chats and missed calls on my messenger, all from him.

"Love."
"Love?"
"Let's talk. I owe you an explanation."
"Meet me tomorrow? Serrano's?
"Not serrano's. I forgot Axl's mom owned it."
"I badly want to talk to you."
"I know Axl is not your boyfriend. Eric said that you are working as Axl's assistant and you find a partner for axl."
"Answer the call, love."
"I am now ready to marry you."

He is now ready? So when we planned the wedding at that time I am the only one ready? Was he just pretending that time?

"I am fine now, Trent. I learned the lesson not to trust that much." I replied.

"Please, let's talk in person. I returned to Bangkok just to fix things with you. I just want you to forgive me." Trent messaged me again.

"I'll think about it. Good night."

I covered myself with a pillow.
It didn't hurt as much as I had expected. The pain is there, but it's tolerable.

My phone vibrated again.
"Just think of me." Axl, why are you like this?

I don't know if it will be worth it to give this a shot. I can't handle another heartbreak for now.

I woke up to go to the mansion first before heading to the office.