Chapter 23 Axl ❤️ Licah

Licah's POV

Such a good day to wake up! This is my first morning as Licah John Ruiz Jongcheveevat. How is that? I turned to my left. This is real. I am not dreaming. I slept with Axl last night and it was a blast. It was so perfect. He exceeded my expectation. It was just so good. Watching how angelic his face when he is sleeping right now, I cannot believe that he was the same guy who made love with me from last night.
I uncovered myself with our sheet and changed into decent clothes. They are now eating together in the dining area.
“Good afternoon, Licah.” Axl’s mom flashed his perfect smile at me. “We didn’t wake you up, because we know you need more rest.”

I am thinking of resting more. My hips are hurting along with my back.

Jace was looking at me. “Your face is blushing.” He is North’s cutie boyfriend.

“Uhm, really?”

“Yes, really. You are so beautiful.” Jace made my cheeks blush more. I am used to people complimenting my brain, but it makes me shy when they are saying about my face. I know I look good now, but they would not dare say it when they saw me years ago.

“Thank you, Jace. You are too.” I smiled at him.

I didn't join them for lunch since I want to eat with Axl.

"You eat first, Licah.  I think Axl will wake up late." Axl's dad told me.

"This is new. Axl is waking up past lunch. This is the first time." Angel said. He is Axl's twin's sister. We are not close yet. We haven't talked that much.

I just walked around the resort with Jace. Honey doesn't want to be with us. He must be thinking that we are boring to be with.

"How long have you been dating North?"

"Not long enough unlike Honey. I am still awkward with his family." Jace told me. He looks young.

"I can relate to that." I tapped his back.

I can't take it anymore. I am damn hungry. I went to the room to check Axl but he is still sleeping soundly. Was he that tired?

I returned to the dining room to eat by myself. Jace sat beside me again.
"Honey said I am ugly."

"You are not ugly. You are beautiful. Maybe, not on Honey's standard but you are beautiful." Honey just can't shut his mouth. There is no doubt that he is gorgeous but he is taking Jace's confidence away too.  He is not helping at all. Yes, I can see the problem but he should at least talk nicely.

"Shut up, Jace. I didn't say you're ugly. What I said is you should work on styling yourself. What's wrong with what I said? He said his friends are bullying him because of how he looks. Why not work on being better? You always whined about how people tell you that you look a nerd and you don't deserve to be North's boyfriend. Prove them wrong." Honey was so pissed. He just dropped these words and left.

"Well, Honey is not wrong. I was bullied before too. My glasses, my braces, my awkwardness with others. I have zero confidence at all. But you know a secret? Even with that look, Axl fell in love with me. Now think of a goal. If you want to change, do it for yourself. Don't let other people's words affect you. Not even that bloodyhoney." We laughed together.
"Changing might help you gain confidence. Next week, let's go shopping."

Honey returned. "Use this." He handed us his black card. "Please don't check the price. Buy everything you want. Licah, please choose decent clothes for that kid. I know some stylists that I can introduce to you. Make North drool."

I walked with Jace outside. "See? Honey is just concerned about you. He maybe thinks that your lack of confidence is coming from the way you dress yourself. He just wants you to work on it and feel good about it. He just chose the wrong words most of the time but he isn't that bad. No need to be scared of him. If he scares you, tell to me next time. But for now, let's just grab the opportunity of using his black card."