Chapter 11 Axl ❤️ Licah

Licah's POV

"Love, I am outside the condo. Can I get in? Let's talk." Trent messaged me. It has been an hour since I arrived here from Axl's family resort.

"No, I'll see you at the park nearby."
I replied.

I am fucking nervous. Trent has been a big part of my life.

"Hey!" I sat beside him on the bench.

"Where have you been?" He asked me.

"I just went swimming."

"Alone?" He asked.

"With Axl." I answered.

"Stop lying. I know you are not dating him. You are working as his assistant. You wouldn't send him to blind dates like that if you really like him."

"So what do you want to say? I thought you are just going to explain."
I changed the topic.

"I love you. I love you so much you know that. It's just, that day, I was so anxious. I feel like there is something wrong. I keep asking myself if this is right. I got sick of our setup. Every day we are seeing each other. Everything we do seems routine. It became boring. I keep telling myself to hold on because I don't want to waste those years that we have been together. But marrying you is a different thing. I wasn't so sure if I am ready to live with you for the rest of my life. Our lives together were so peaceful. It was so quiet. In the first years, you would be jealous when I go out with my friends, but you changed. In my head, you are not into me anymore. I just can't leave you because I don't want you alone. Your life was just revolving around me. You don't even have friends that you can talk to. How can I break up with you? I want to try something else but I am worried about you. Trust me, I still love you."
Trent told me this.

"You should have just broken up with me when you felt that something wasn't right. You never told me that you are sick of it. We should have tried to fix it at least.
How can I be jealous of your friends? I trust you so much, and I know them. What will happen if I get mad at you? You will just be angry at me and call me paranoid."

"Last year, when you fainted, I was the one who brought you to the hospital. I still look after you even if we broke up because I still love you."
He added.

"Last year? You are in a relationship already at that time? Why would you still look after me? I don't need you, Trent. Don't think highly of yourself. I can live alone just fine without you. You really think that I am that weak who can't live without you? I needed you that time because I love you."

"How did you know, LJ? I already broke up with him. I tried many times to love him, but it is still you. Let's give it another try. I will marry you."
Trent told me. I can feel the sincerity but I made up my mind. He doesn't deserve it.

"It's too late, Trent. I don't love you anymore."

"Because you are aiming for a bigger catch now? Axl is looking for a wife and you think you will fit in. Is this because of the debt?"

The debt that we should have shared together. It is because our business failed and our wedding was not pushed through.

"I will fit in." I confidently said.

"I started a business again. You know my parents stopped helping me when they found out that I am gay. I made it, LJ. The business is already growing. You wanted that, right? You don't need to marry someone you don't love. Yes, it would be comfortable because you will be rich, but love is more important."

"Yes, love is more important so I have to go now. Thank you for explaining your side. Congratulations to your business, Trent." I stood up, but he grabbed my wrist.