Chapter 26 Axl ❤️ Licah

Licah's POV

It has been two months of working here. I promised that I would work for six months and stay at home after. I think I am not ready for that.

I love working, especially the satisfying feeling when your team has delivered more than expected.

Beside me is Jean, who keeps bugging me to set me up on a blind date. If only I could tell her that I am married, I would, so she would stop pushing me to meet guys.

They are currently preparing for lunch out in the newly opened restaurant near the building. Axl is busy too. I decided to go with them. I am one of their leaders, so I need to be there too. We are a team, and we need to celebrate a job well done. We finished our task earlier than expected.

We got into the new restaurant. The ambiance is very relaxing. It would be perfect for a date. The name of the restaurant is somehow familiar - Michaelo. I remembered one of Trent's dreams before was to put up a restaurant named after his grandfather Michaelo. Why am I even thinking about this? I should not. What can I do if I remembered it because of the restaurant's name?

Everything was delicious. I should invite my husband here next time.

When we returned to the office, a bouquet was waiting on my desk. Who else could it come from? I checked the card. "I love you always."

I messaged Axl. "Thank you for the flowers, baby."

"Oh, it arrived already? That was so quick. I will finish the meeting early. Let's go home together." Axl replied.

"Delivery for Mr. Licah John Ruiz." Jean put another bouquet on my desk.
"Wow, Licah! You got two flowers today. Cool!" She exclaimed.

I took the card to read the message. "I love you, my wife. -A"
If this is the flowers sent to me by Axl, then who is the sender of another bouquet?

Stop overthinking, Licah. Both of them are from Axl. Discussion closed.

Should I ask my husband? But if the other one is not from Axl, he will go berserk.

Forget about it. I kept reminding myself.

Shit! I can't focus. I will ask Axl about this later.

"Baby? You only send one bouquet, right?" I asked Axl. I can't concentrate knowing I received another flowers from an anonymous sender.

"Why, baby? Do you want more? I can fill your office with flowers." Axl replied.

What is this? Who is sending me flowers other than my husband?

"Mr. Ruiz, go to my office now." Ms. Ronquillo asked. There is a hint of annoyance in her voice.

I entered her office and closed the door. "I told you not to send the email blast. Are you not listening? I told you we are still finalizing the details. Oh my God, Licah. Focus!" She scolded.

"But ma'am, I remembered you asked me to send it during lunch." I explained my side. I have proof. Even Jean heard it.

"Then you must be out of focus, Licah. I reminded you on our way back to hold it first. Now the higher-ups are questioning me as they disagreed with the date and the location yet. I don't want this to happen again. Do you understand?"

What is wrong with her? Why would she blame me?

"I will recall the email, ma'am."

"Forget it. They read it already. I'll just message them that it was a mistake." Ms. Ronquillo said.

Was I just absent-minded earlier? I clearly recall her saying to send the email right after lunch.

We were just busy finalizing another report when she called me again. "Licah! In my office now!"