Chapter 38 Axl ❤️ Licah

Licah's POV

What is Trent talking about? He knows it's impossible. He is just provoking my husband.

"Did you two meet up privately months ago?" Axl asked calmly.

"No." We didn't after I got married to Axl.

"Okay." He sighed. "Did you meet him recently without me in his restaurant?"

I was taken aback. I can't lie, he will know it too.

"Yes, but..." I answered.

"Thanks for lying to me for days, Licah. It has been a week now. It shows that you really have no plan of telling me if I didn't see his message just now. How long are you communicating?" He was serious. I can't read his expression.

"Baby, that was just that day. He said things but let's just ignore him."

"Like what exactly? Tell me the truth." It was still calm way of asking.

"He said he loves me still and he wants me to meet with him. You don't have to mind it. I won't be shaken by his words again. We are building a family and he doesn't matter anymore." I assured him.

Axl walked to the closet. He returned with a gun in his hand.

"Wait! Calm down, baby." I grabbed his arm. "Listen! It is nothing. I am not going to meet him."

There is no reaction in his face. "I am calm, don't you think? Don't wait for me. You can sleep before me."

"How can I sleep? Keep that away. Why do you even have that? Stay with me here."

He didn't listen.

Everyone was alarmed when Axl went out of our room with a gun.

This is my fault.

"Oh, shit! Where are you going, Axl?" Daddy Aki asked.

I was following him trying to pull him back in our room.

"What are you planning?" I asked him. He took my phone again and replied with Trent. He is probably asking his whereabouts.

"Khalil, prepare the car. Bring three of my bodyguards. We are meeting an important person." He ended the call.

Mommy Reese started to cry seeing Axl holding a gun.

"Listen to me, please. Don't do anything. Please. You don't have to worry about him."

"I told you to rest in our room." He whispered. "Get inside, Licah. Don't make me repeat."

He rushed to the elevator while his dad followed him.

I am going crazy. Like how did Axl explode like that? I thought he was just calm because he trusts me.

Riley tapped my back. "Don't worry. Axl can't kill anyone. It is in the rule. Please relax."

Relax? How can I?
What is happening right now is really crazy. I couldn't absorb it.

What if he kills Trent? I don't want him to do that. I am afraid of Axl.

"Call him, please. This is my fault." I asked them.

Everything is my fault because I had an ex-boyfriend. This is happening because of me.

Daddy Rye and Cloud followed him as well.

I thought he was okay. Why, Trent? We know that he is lying. His baby? It's been more than two years since we cut everything off. How can this be his baby? He knows Axl is controlling my phone as well.

"Riley, can you help me? My tummy is aching."
It does, and it is stressing me out.

I've been calling him, but he is not answering. He messaged me instead, "I'll be back, baby. Don't worry. I won't let anyone destroy our marriage. Rest well."

Rest well? After I see my husband with a gun? Who knows what he might do with it. Though I am pissed with Trent, I don't want him to be hurt too. I am happy with what I have right now and I wish for him to have this happiness too. After all, Trent has been good to me before. He really helped me to reach what I have now. Especially when I lost my parents, not even my relatives were there for me. It was only Trent who stood beside me. I am honest with my feelings. I want to have a healthy relationship with Axl, and it will only happen if Trent stops doing things like this. I want him to have someone that he can spend his life with.

Ughhhh. Axl!!!!

Riley and Maru brought me to the clinic for a checkup. I can feel some cramps inside.

They made me rest in the clinic while waiting for Axl. They are worried that I may faint.

"What happened?" Mommy Nigel arrived panting too. "We can't stop Axl. He is off to the hotel near your workplace."

"I am sorry. My ex-boyfriend provoked him. He messaged me that he wants to take care of my baby with Axl. He said he might be the father but it would be impossible. Trent was just pissed that I never got pregnant before."
It was my fault. I never told him that I am taking contraceptive pills. I don't want to bear a child when we were not married yet. It is different with Axl, because this is our honeymoon baby.

I am scared. I am fucking scared. I don't want Trent to die, and I don't want my husband to be a murderer. I hope it won't reach to that. Please let's not go to that point.

"Don't cry, Licah. It will be bad for your baby." Mommy Nigel hugged me. "It is not your fault."

"It is mine. If only I don't have a past relationship, Axl will never be enraged like this. I know this will be a problem, but it came earlier than expected. I don't know why Trent is acting like this. It was him who left me shattered but now that I am happy with Axl and our baby soon, why does he have to ruin my happiness? Why is this happening to me?"
My heart feels heavy.

I downed the glass of water. I need to speak with Axl again. I won't feel at ease knowing that he is outside there.

Mommy Nigel carressed my hair. "Sleep now, Licah. Think of the baby. Axl is not going to kill anyone. Trust me." My mom-in-law reassured me.

I woke up in our room. I fell asleep in the clinic earlier. I saw my husband standing in front of the mirror. I can't read what is in his mind.

I checked the time; it is already two in the morning. "Baby, did you carry me up here?"

"Yeah." He didn't spare a glance at me.

"What happened, Axl?"

"What do you think?" He is wiping his chest and arms with wet cloth. I am damn nervous.

"Did you...uhmm..."

"Did I what, baby? say it." Axl looked at me this time. "Did I hurt him? Of course, I did. What are you expecting?" He cupped my cheeks. "I told you I won't let anyone ruin our marriage, baby. That is why you need to think twice before talking to him or even mentioning his name ever again. I am crazy, my wife. And don't wait for me to act crazier. I don't think you will like it."

It is true that those who are quiet is more dangerous. The way Axl looked at me sends chill down to my spine.

"Sleep now, baby." He smiled at me.

I am scared of Axl.