Chapter 42 Axl ❤️ Licah

Licah's POV

I was browsing Axl's phone when a reminder popped up on the screen. It is for the grand reunion for all the batch of MSU, starting from his parents' batch. Axl never informed me about this. I don't even have my phone. I regretted what I said yesterday about not needing a new phone. I need it.

Axl's spam list in his messages is way too long too. There is a group chat for their class. I don't belong to the same class as him before, but for sure I know his classmates. My friend Atasha belongs to my husband's class.

I opened it and everyone are talking about the reunion that will happen later. I backread the messages, and one caught my eye. Someone mentioned my name. "I messaged Licah but he is not replying. I am sure he would go. He is a Jongcheveevat and their family owns MSU." Of course, they would know that I am now married to Axl. I want to go. Is it a good idea?

"What are you doing?" Axl shocked my nervous brain. I almost toss his phone as if my husband caught me cheating.

Inhale.
Exhale.

"Checking your phone. Who knows if someone is flirting with my husband? I am p-possessive too." Shit! What the fuck I am talking about?

"So? How was it?"

"Are we not going to attend the reunion?" I asked in return. I wanted to go and meet them again. I want them to remember me as Axl's wife this time.

"We are not. I hate my high school life the most and I am not going there just to remember everything."

I nodded. Okay. Maybe it is not needed. I don't want to be insensitive to Axl's feelings. Maybe we should forget everything that happened in the past.

It was lunchtime and every one is complete as usual. They seem so busy earlier.

"Anyway, Licah. What time are you going to MSU? Do you want to join us in one car?" Riley asked me.

"We are not going," I answered sheepishly.

"Why not? You are the rank 1 of your batch. You should go there. Aside from that, I am the one who sponsored the party. You guys should be there."

I looked at my husband. He is not saying anything. I don't want to disappoint him.

"I don't think we could come."

"How about you, Axl?"
Riley asked my husband this time.

"No way." He stood up and left the table.

I apologized on his behalf. I am a big part of the reason why Axl doesn't want to go there. It was because of that valentine's day.

After lunch, I washed the dishes and followed my husband to his gym.

"I know you want to go there, but I won't. I will never allow you."
He spoke without sparing a glance at me. He is busy assembling the weight stacks.

"Is it because of that Valentine's day?"

He didn't answer.

"Baby..." I called him.

"They all witnessed your relationship with Trent. Everyone in our fucking batch knows how were you that time with your fucking ex-boyfriend. Every fucking single thing there will remind us that we wasted fourteen years. I am not going there to reminisce about this fucking high school life. I would never."
He covered his face with his two palms.

Shit! Is Axl crying?

I rubbed his back and sat beside him.
"Don't you think it is time to show them I married you? Maybe we can let go of that sad past and just face this future together happily, forever. I can't go back and erase everything that happened. I want to go there. I want to experience hand-in-hand with you while walking to every corner of MSU, something we have never done in the past. I want to eat in the school cafeteria at one table with you. I want to feel how is it fourteen years ago if you were my high school sweetheart this time. I want to erase all my memories with Trent and keep yours. I am not going to force you. I just want to tell you that I am looking forward to being with you there. Don't cry, Axl. You are my man. You will be my one and only." I pulled his hands away from his face and kissed the tip of his nose. "There is nothing to be worried about. As you said before, no one and nothing can ruin our marriage. Our baby Axl wouldn't be happy seeing his father cries like this. Please stop crying."

"Baby." Axl uttered. "I am afraid."

Wait! What? Just yesterday he was so scary with all his guns in our closet.

"I am afraid that you will remember all your good days in MSU with Trent. I am so scared that you will compare me with him. I am not prepared to know that you were happier with him before than with me now." Axl added.

"That will never happen." I cupped his cheeks. "I feel the happiest with you. Who is Trent anyway?" I chuckled.
"Let's go back to fourteen years ago. Let's do the things that we never did before." I stood up and offered my hand. He reached and kissed it.

"Prepare our best suit then." Axl smiled.

"Very good, husband. That is why I can never replace you with anyone in this world."

I talked to Riley about some of my plans and he agreed to them.

Everyone on the third floor is going to the reunion today. Mommy Reese's batch is actually not included but he is still coming.

Fourteen cars are in the queue in front of the mansion to bring everyone including the Elites that will be in charge of us tonight.

We are not on time as Riley wants a grand entrance.

I am nervous. This is my first party as a Jongcheveevat. I am somehow pressured. I was a nobody before, but now I am married to our batch's heartthrob.

I glanced at Axl who seems anxious as I am. We have different reasons though.

It was a glamorous party as expected from Riley and Maru duo.

Everyone walked to the front. Axl held my cold hand. He smiled at me. "It will be okay."

I am the one who should say it to him.

Riley hit my back. "Chin up. Stand straight. Be confident or at least pretend to be. We are Jongcheveevat." He reminded me.

I closed my eyes first before following everything Riley said. I walked hand-in-hand with my husband confidently.

We joined the program first. We will be separated by batch later. I can see already familiar people.

I asked help from Riley to inform my batch to never mention Trent in front of my husband. I want Axl to have good memories tonight. I also have another request from him and I hope it will make Axl happy.

I want a prom night with Axl. The host already talked about the dance and it is my queue to leave Axl for a while.

"Restroom first." I asked him. He wants to come with me but daddy Aki stopped him.

I went to the place where our misunderstanding started, the broadcast room.

I took a long breath before pressing the button. "Mic test."

A/N: last chap for axl and licah next.