luminescent

——(link's pov )——

link continued to walk towards the oasis, his eyes focused on the horizon. he felt (y/n) place her hand on his chest and link's mind was overwhelmed by emotions and thoughts. 

(y/n) trusted him. she trusted him with her life.

link couldn't help but feel the guilt when he thought about (y/n). the way he treated her in the past few days was shameful and link was angry at himself for his actions. the uknown hylian in his memories took over his mind and he couldn't abandon her. but (y/n) was here, right now, in the moment and link knew that but something in his mind told him to search for the girl. there was no choice but to reject (y/n), it would be easier for her later on to forget about her feelings. link would as well, in due time, but he placed (y/n)'s wellbeing over his own and knew that even though he would be in as much pain, (y/n) deserved to move on and find someone else. a series of events flashed in link's mind of his journey with (y/n) and he smiled to himself. 

he remembered the time they were at the lake, in the hut at rito village, their horse race, the bank of wishes...and of course, that tender moment between them in zora's domain. 

link looked over at (y/n) and noticed she had fallen asleep in his arms with her head leaning against his chest as her fatigued eyes were now in a peaceful state and her body relaxed. link had to admit it - he was completely smitten. of course he had strong feelings for her, maybe even more than what she felt but he couldn't let those feelings out. 

what of the girl in his memories? what if he failed to defeat the calamity again? 

he couldn't let himself put (y/n) through all that pain, it would be best if she forgot about link now and moved on with her life before...

link snapped back to reality when he noticed he had stepped onto stone and not sand. he looked around and noticed he had already made it to the small oasis and he sighed in relief when his eyes noticed the small pond in the centre of it. there was a small abundance of palm trees looming over the oasis and link decided to set (y/n) down near a much shorter palm tree where he gently let her lean against the trunk of it for the time being. he didn't want to wake (y/n) up as he knew how exhausted she was from the pain and what had happened. 

link decided to lay her down first but he knew that sleeping on nothing but a rock surface was extremely uncomfortable. he needed to find something. link glanced around the oasis and decided the closest thing he could get to a blanket would either be his hylian hood that was already on (y/n) or a large palm leaf from one of the trees. 

(y/n) shivered slightly from the cold wind and groaned from her injuries. link quickly stood up and brought the hylian hood over her body and proceeded to cut one of the palm tree's leaves for some sort of bedding. he collected multiple of them to create a thickness so that the rough ground of the rocks below wouldn't bother (y/n) too much in her sleep. 

link slowly and gently lifted (y/n) and placed her down on her side on the temporary bed. he then apologised quietly to her for what he was going to do next and lifted her tunic. he was about to cut a piece when his eyes widened.

there, on her lower back was a strange symbol - it looked nothing like sheikah lettering or hylian language, it appeared ancient-like and was completely unknown to link. he leaned closer to get a better look when it slightly glowed white. it was a dim light, but link's curiosity got the better of him and he leaned closer. the symbol was a circle with an upside down triangle in the centre and another smaller circle with a shape of a teardrop in the middle of it, connecting to each side of the triangle. the symbol was peculiar, but it strangely looked familiar to him. link hovered his hand over the symbol and it glowed more, the luminescence of the white getting brighter and brighter once link inched closer to (y/n)'s back. link stared at the emblem and then at his hand. cautiously, link let his hand get closer and closer to the mark and it only glowed brighter with his presence. 

link suddenly pulled his hand back when (y/n) groaned from another gust of cold wind passing by. link then quickly ripped off some of the tunic material and placed the hylian hood over (y/n)'s body again, covering her body and the glowing symbol.

link walked over to the pond and drenched the piece in the water, cleaning and removing any dirt or sand that was caught on it. he then squeezed the excess water out before carefully ripping it in half and wrapping them individually around (y/n)'s wrists. 

he sighed and relaxed his body knowing now that he could rest after what happened and from (y/n)'s wounds no longer getting infected. link's eyes trailed back towards the symbol on her back, wondering what it could mean. he had never seen that kind of symbol before but then again, link doesn't really remember any symbols at all from his amnesia. it bothered him how he felt as though he's seen it before, but where?

link yawned and looked towards the sky, the moon was right above him and link figured that the sun would rise in the next 5 hours or so. he looked over at (y/n) again and brought his hand to her face where he gently pushed her hair away from her sleeping face. he leaned against the trunk of the palm tree and closed his eyes, letting himself drift off to sleep.