the dream

your e/c eyes opened slowly but instantly squinted from the bright sunlight. you wiped your eyes and sat up. 

you noticed you were no longer in the inn at zora's domain.

you were now in a field of tiny little blue, yellow and pink flowers that were surrounded by waving grass. you admired the beauty around you and sighed in relaxation, considering everything's that been going on since you've started travelling with none other than link. you sort of needed this kind of atmosphere to smooth out how tense you've been.

wait! link!

you stood up, your feet felt like they were stepping on clouds as you looked around for your friend. you took a few steps here and there, hoping to find the hero in blue appear. 

but he didn't.

you turned around as the wind swept past your face and you squinted. there was something over there in the horizon! 

you walked over while noticing that this was one large field, you couldn't see any mountains or rivers or trees. 

only flowers.

you quickened your pace, getting a bit anxious of your current location. you started to run, your h/c hair flying behind you as you ran across the green fields. as you got closer, you realised that it was a giant tree, not the kind of trees in faron or the great plateau, this tree was enormous. the leaves were pink and it looked like the trunk had a face. 

you slowed down, noticing that you weren't even wearing shoes or your clothing for that matter. instead you were dressed in a simple white robe, that fell just above your knees with tiny little intricate sheikah-like symbols all over. you started to get confused as you realised that this was not reality, but instead a dream. 

you've never had dreams like this before, usually you don't have dreams at all. 

you took a few steps forward, raising a hand to touch the giant tree. your fingers lightly touched the bark and you smiled, you were seeing someone's life play in your mind as you kept your hand on the tree. it looked like you were in this person's point of view, almost as if you were the person.

this person seemed to have a happy life, they started off as a young child at a farm. the child ran around, chasing cuccos and laughing. you laughed along as you got more and more curious from watching this person's life. suddenly, your mind went all white and you couldn't see the child anymore. the white faded away into colour and another scene was happening. this time, the young child was now a teen, they were walking around with their friends, their hands clutched around small baskets filled with groceries. you didn't recognise the area they were in, but knew it was somewhere in hyrule. you also noticed that this person was hanging around some hylians and was most likely one too. their friends laughed at something the teen said and you smiled with them. 

this was really fascinating to you. 

your mind went blank again, and this time when it all went into colour, the teen was now a young adult. you noticed that they were holding a small bunch of blue nightshades that were tied together with a small blue bow. you awed at the bouquet as they were your favourite flowers. you wondered if this person's favourite flower was blue nightshade as well. suddenly, you heard a blurred and muffled male voice from the scene.

"i hope you like them."

and then, another voice. 

"they're wonderful...thank you."

you couldn't see who the person was talking to, their face was completely wiped out. the voice didn't sound that familiar to you either and you got more and more curious. 

"hey, listen...there's something i need to tell you."

-

"what is it?"

the other person was about to speak when you heard yet another voice call for them nearby. you definitely did not recognise this voice, but knew it was a female's. her voice was light and sweet and reminded you of clouds. 

your mind went blank again, and you were excited this time. what would come next? would you see that other person again and know what they wanted to say?

but instead of laughing from hylian children, you heard screaming. dreadful and painful screaming. your smile turned into a frown as you realised that the person was now laying on the ground, the sky around the hylian was red and there was black smoke everywhere. you panicked, feelings of anxiety rushed over you as you kept watching. then, that same voice appeared. you saw the male, holding the person in their arms. they were wearing some sort of blue and you could tell they were a hylian from their blurry pointed ears.

"...stay with me!"

"please!"

"no, no, no, come on! open your eyes!"

then, your mind went white again, except this time you opened your eyes and found yourself somewhere else...

you woke up, your eyes scanning the room you were in. you frantically looked around, and you touched your face. 

wet.

you stood up quickly, and walked over to a nearby standing mirror in the corner of your room. you saw dried tears on your cheeks and you wiped them off. you had so many emotions running through you as you retraced your dream. the child, then into a teen, then a young adult. but they ended in death. 

you were so confused and traumatised that you found yourself dressing into the tunic and trousers from before and rushed out of the inn without thinking. it was still raining and you instantly shivered from the rain hitting you and now making you drenched. you turned your head and saw link walking out, holding his hood in his arm. 

you ran over to him, and tackled him into a tight embrace. 

"woah! y/n...i'm not leaving just yet."

you didn't reply, you mouth was dry but your eyes were wet. 

"hey, what's wrong? why are you crying?"

you looked up at him and saw his crystal blue eyes staring down at you full of concern. he raised a hand and wiped your tears away with his thumb. you held onto him, your grip getting tighter. link tensed up a little at the sudden contact, but slowly wrapped his arms around you. 

you felt safe with link. 

"i'm sorry link, i just..."

-

"what is it? you can tell me."

-

"i had a really bad dream last night."

-

"what happened?"

you let go of link and looked at him. your eyes were full of fear as you repeated the words in your head what you were going to say to link.

"i think i--i think i saw my past self."