words hurt

sorry! i accidentally forgot to change the chapters title! the next one will be 'rito village'
———————-

the ride to rito stable was a little long, but at least you had someone with you. link thought the same.

you passed tabantha bridge stable, and saw beedle. you actually knew beedle from your own travels and you two were good friends, since you both shared a love for collecting things. you waved at him and he smiled up at you from link's horse. link jumped off epona and went to beedle, buying a few items from him. while he was doing this, you moved forward on link's horse's back and started to pet her silky mane and patted her for a little. you reached into your larger pouch and pulled out a shiny red apple. you gave the horse the sweet fruit and smiled widely when it 'neighed,' showing it's happiness.

link returned from buying arrows and such from beedle and you moved back to your original spot, letting link sit in front of you. he turned his head to face you.

"you okay back there?"

you nodded and gave him a small smile across your light pink lips.

his eyes glanced at them for a moment until he swung his head back to the front. of course you didn't notice, but link's cheeks were more pink than usual and he shook his head. he patted epona, and told her to start walking. you looked at your surroundings, never getting over the way nature had spread itself everywhere. you really loved hyrule, despite it's devastating state it was currently in, due to calamity ganon. this brought a question in your mind.

"hey, link?"

link hummed, but kept his eyes forward, scanning the area and taking mental notes.

"do you think the hero is going to come back and save hyrule?"

link stopped epona in her tracks and he turned to you slightly. curious to what you were thinking.

"i mean, it's been how long since calamity ganon has risen? a hundred years? that's a long time without some sort of hero."

link took a deep breath, and nodded his head in understanding. you smiled a little while thinking that link was a really good listener and that you appreciated that.

"i know that there's a hero out there, training to defeat ganon. i can feel it. and i believe in them with all my heart, wherever they are..."

link couldn't help but feel somewhat flattered at your words, even though they weren't exactly directed at him. he smiled at the way you hoped for hyrule's return and answered your question.

"i hope they will too. and i'm sure if they heard your words, they'd definitely be able to."

you blushed a little at his answer, and shifted a bit on his horse's back.
you chuckled a little.

"yeah..."

— later —

you and the blonde hylian crossed the large bridge, trotting until you made it to the other side of it.
link suddenly stopped epona and tapped your leg. you blushed and replied with a small 'yeah?' and he pointed towards the sky.

there were two flying guardians, watching over the path you two had to cross.

link leaned forward slightly and peeked at you.

"hold on."

his whisper was a little too quiet for you and you leaned forward to hear him better.

"what? i'm sorry, i didn't quite catch tha-!!"