daruk's protection is now ready to roll!

sidon is so sweet :')

-------------

you let yourself fall onto the bed, and form into a ball. you wrapped your arms around yourself as you felt yourself grow more and more upset. you heard muffled talking.

"...yes, thank you. i'll take care of it from here."

you heard footsteps, getting closer and closer to your bed and you turned around.

"oh...sidon. what brings you here?"

you sniffed and wiped your nose.

"y/n, i know how you feel...about link."

you froze, then immediately sat up. you pulled your knees to your chest and let sidon sit on the soft material.

"wh-what about it?"

-

"y/n, i can tell that you're upset about link... and my sister."

-

"..."

you chose not to say anything, you didn't really want to talk about it. sidon smiled at you and sat at the opposite end of the bed. he mimicked your seating position and grabbed a pillow to hold in his large arms.

"i'll be honest with you, if things turned out differently...link could've been my brother in-law. we would've been related..."

you frowned.

"but, alas, i do not believe that link ever shared the same feelings as my sister."

-

"then how did she get link's exact fit? you saw how perfect the tunic was."

-

"ah! she asked princess zelda for it. zelda had link's measurements when she was making his champion's tunic, i remember asking mipha about it myself, actually."

-

"...i see."

-

"and besides, i have memories from a young age that mipha would always talk about another girl. the girl was a hylian and that no matter how close mipha was with link, he was always closer and more open to the other girl. i do not remember her name but now that i think about it... the description of her matches you exactly!"

-

"...well, that can't be true, can it? i wasn't even alive one hundred years ago..."

-

"i suppose that's true..."

sidon smiled. his shark teeth made you chuckle. you decided to tease him about it.

"sidon, your teeth are funny. probably could cut right through goat butter if we tried."
-

"what?! how dare you! i'll have you know that my teeth are perfectly fine and shiny!"

sidon laughed and reached for you, he took you into his big arms and gave you a bear hug. you laughed, your sadness slowly fading away. sidon spun you around and laughed loudly. you giggled at your new friend.

——(link's p.o.v)——

link watched the two from afar.

he felt dread wash over his entire being.

y/n was upset, and he didn't get to do anything about it. it was too late. sidon already had it covered... link felt something grow inside of him, it could only be one thing.