zora's domain!

you and link made your way through the winding and spiralling path to zora's domain. suddenly, there was a large blue bridge in front of you that connected to the other side of the large river below you. you and link started to walk when you slipped forward. 

"woah!"

strong hand grabbed your arms and held you upright.

"you alright?"

you nodded quickly and link smiled at you charmingly. you cursed at the rain for embarrassing you. especially in front of link.

"here, you can hold my hand...you might slip again."

you blushed and cautiously wrapped your wet fingers around link's. your mouth turned upwards at the contact and link gently squeezed your hand.

"let's go."

he started to lead you across the bridge when you heard someone's voice.

"hey! link! y/n!"

link turned around, trying to find where the voice was coming from when he realised that you were leading him to the edge of the bridge. you smiled slightly when you saw sidon again.

"you've made it to luto's bridge! however, you are still pretty far off, friends! but i was sure you'd be passing over this bridge, so i was waiting for you..."

as the prince said his last sentence, he looked over to you and smiled. you gave the prince a small wave.

"you'll be at zora's domain before you know it! in fact, i'm going to head that way too! i need to make sure that you make it there safely."

sidon winked at you.

you felt link tighten his grip around your hand.

the young prince's charming and polite face dropped when his yellow eyes looked to the bridge.

"y/n! watch out!"

link's eyes darted to your side and he thanked the goddesses that he was holding your hand. he pulled you back, making your body fly behind him and he let go of your palm. link raised his nearly-broken sword and shielded you with his other hand.

"link! be careful, that's a blue moblin!"

the large beast raised it's club at link and swung it around like a maniac. link ran across the blue marble floor and sliced the moblin's leg clean off. it screamed and fell to the ground making a loud 'thud'. link took this as an opening to chop it's head off, leaving black smoke everywhere. link's weapon broke but you breathed out of relief and walked over to him. link smiled at you and grabbed your hand again.

"we should get going, it's getting quite late."

you nodded and he ran, you were trailing behind him and holding his gloved hand tightly.

sidon watched you both disappear into the cliffside and swam off towards zora's domain.

— later —

the path winded and coiled around ruto mountain and you were growing tired. it was night time now, the sky was full of tiny little white dots and the crickets could be heard from miles.

"tired, y/n?"

-

"..a little."

link chuckled, making you laugh with him.

"we're nearly there, i think.."

link had defeated all of the monsters in your path and you couldn't be more grateful. link was a natural at being a protective knight! no wonder he was appointed to princess zelda.