an understanding

hey! sorry that i haven't been updating lately -- i've gotten really busy lately with tests and whatever but i promise i'll try to update as soon as i can! also this chapter is a lil bit short but the next one will (hopefully) be a lot longer!

----------------------------------------------------

your face went blank, questions were swarming your entire mind.

you felt angry, betrayed.

you stood up from the bed, your still face looking straight into link's blue eyes. you could see guilt and something else, but you couldn't decipher what it was.

"how could you do this to me?! after everything we've been through, link!"

link said nothing, he tried to reach for your shaking hands but was rejected immediately by the fast swish of your palm smacking away his. link looked down, opening his mouth slightly. 

"y/n, you have to understand--"

-

"no! what is there to understand?! you don't want me here, is that it?!"

-

"what? no, y/n! of course not, i want you to be with me. it's just that--"

-

"what? spit it out!"

-

"i can't lose you okay?!"

you stumbled back a bit, and stayed quiet for link to continue. sidon's eyes widened as he listened in your argument, but stayed quiet. 

"look, y/n, you were just some traveler i saved until you said something that made me become protective over you. if i--if i lose you, i wouldn't know what to do without you...or myself."

you relaxed your shoulders slightly, still frustrated with the hero, but you couldn't help but smile a bit at his words. your voice was quiet and meek.

"what did i say to you?"

-

"you said that you believed in me, no matter where i was or what i was doing. you had faith in me. you didn't know at the time that i was the hero...but those words...y/n those words meant a great deal to me."

-

"..."

no words left your lips.

only tears fell from your e/c eyes.

"link...i don't want to lose you either. so please, take me with you."

link let out a heavy and low sigh.

"y/n, you know i can't do that. just--just stay here."

you shook your head and stared into his sad blue eyes.

"link! please! i can help you...or do you not...need me?"

-

"y/n, you're not listening to me. of course i need you, i want you to be with me at all times, which is why you can't come with me..."

-

"link..."

-

"if you came with me, and if something happened to you...you won't be with me at all times. i'd never see you again, i can't let that happen to you."

you slowly fell to your knees, and held your palms in your lap. you couldn't say anything else to link, the tears were coming out too quickly and you didn't want him to see you like this. 

link stood up, wincing a bit from his injuries but he stood regardless. he couldn't care less about himself at the moment, he only cared about you.

the blonde reached down, and lent his hand to you. you took it slowly and he pulled you up ever so delicately, as if you were a fragile jewel he might break if he moved too fast. 

"...y/n...look at me."

your teary e/c eyes stared up at his icy blue ones, he held both of your hands and breathed in. 

he slowly brought you into a warm embrace, his slight muscular arms surrounding your being. you felt secure and safe with link, nothing could touch you when he was with you. you brought your arms around his frame, latching onto him as if you'd never see him again. you breathed in his scent, the smell calming you. your raging emotions disappeared and you breathed out.

link slowly let go, his hand going back to yours while his other reached up to your cheek. you leaned into it slightly, and link wiped away your tears with his thumb. you spoke softly, scared your voice would crack and more tears would fall.

"please be careful."

link smiled, his demeanour relaxing you and reassuring you.

"don't worry, i'll come back for you. i'll always come back to you."