fireblight ganon

okay! just to clear things up, i know this book is a bit boring because i'm basically just writing what happens in the game but i promise that after this chapter link will meet you! i just wanted to get all of this out of the way. 

thanks for sticking around!

also this chapter is a little long, sorry!

---------------------------

"only you can stop rudania, link!"

link looked at yunobo and nodded. he jumped off the cliff and glided down into death mountain and entered the divine beast.

he placed his slate over the sheikah device and heard a strong, booming voice.

daruk's voice guided link through the puzzles of the ancient beast. the hero was starting to get used to this sort of machinery.
however he was quite shocked when he'd turn rudania on its side.
he squealed every now and then when it happened.

— later —

"that's the last terminal! you see that glowing point on your map? head there.
you're nearly done, little guy."

link listened, and followed his map until he reached the main control terminal. it was glowing orange and he approached it slowly.
he breathed in and out.

"this is it."

link rose his hand, holding his sheikah slate, and placed it over the eye of the terminal.
he expected the terminal to turn blue and tame the divine beast, until a loud thundering entered his elf ears and link couldn't help but cover them from the loud booming.

the hero was confused. why isn't the terminal blue?

black and red started to shoot out from the terminal and the young hero stumbled and stepped back. the essence started to shape into a monster with maroon hair and a glowing blue singular-eye while holding a giant blue axe in one hand and fire in the other. it screeched horribly and link scrunched up his face, and groaned from the noise entering his ears. 

"watch yourself now! that ugly pain in the crag is ganon's handiwork,

thing got the best of me a hundred years ago,

good luck, little guy! and go get 'im!"

link prepared himself, and grabbed his knights broadsword from his back. he put up his traveler's shield and quickly prayed to the goddesses that he'd survive on the supplies he had.

ganon's creation moved towards link and started to swing its axe, trying to kill link, not matter what. link dodged this way and that, sometimes stumbling a little. link shot the monster in the eye with his knight's bow and it screamed. it fell hard onto the metal surface of rudania, unconscious. link saw this as his chance to get some hits on fireblight ganon. 

the horrifying creature flew itself towards link and raised its axe, aiming for link's head. link tried to dodge, but was too slow and got hit, making his arm to bleed non-stop. he tried to stop the bleeding, by holding his arm but was stopped by the screeches and high-pitched screams. link rose his bow once again, wincing from the pain of his left arm and shot an arrow straight for its singular eye and it fell. he ran and slashed at it.

he managed to do this a few more times and it screeched again, forcing link to squint and contort his face.

fireblight ganon turned its blue axe into red, by using a flame from its other arm. it then teleported behind link and started to suck everything in towards it. the brave hero thought quickly and summoned a blue bomb from his slate and held it in both hands. he threw it as hard as he could, the bomb flying towards the creature at a high speed. link suddenly pressed the button on his slate that read 'detonate'.

once again, it fell onto the ground, not moving. link ran as fast he could, and started to slash into its skin with his nearly-broken blade. fireblight ganon rose from the ground and teleported behind link. 

however, the blonde hylian wasn't and wouldn't be fooled. link saw this coming and turned around to face the beast in a blink of an eye. determination glinting in his bright blue eyes.

it rose its ancient-like axe, about to make its final blow, when link used all of his strength and threw his sword into fireblight ganon's eye.

it's high-pitch scream filled the volcano and it held its eye, out of pain. it started to lose its body. it's arms disappeared, and soon it's whole being evaporated into thin air, no longer existing in this world.

link relaxed and tried to compose himself while panting. he wiped his forehead and closed his eyes, breathing in and out, trying to get some air into his lungs (even though he was in a volcano that had dry air in it).

he noticed on his arms that there were some cuts, some of them quite large, and he decided to get them cleaned up as soon as he was done with the divine beast. especially that one large cut, starting from his shoulder blade all the way down near his elbow.

link calmly walked over to the terminal that was now blinking with blue. his instinct told him to try and place his slate over it again, and hope something better would appear than a creation made from ganon himself.

the terminal stopped blinking, and link stepped back. waiting for something to happen.

and boy, the sight he saw made him beam.

daruk's spirit slowly walked towards the hero, a big smile on his face.

"great work, little guy!"

daruk walked towards him, holding his arms out and grinning.

link stared at daruk with his big blue eyes.

"i owe you big for this! because of you,

my spirit is finally free!

can't thank you enough!"

link nodded and smiled a little. daruk went on about how sorry he was for making link defeat the beast and how he felt like he disappointed everyone in failing to the fireblight ganon. link listened carefully and sent him a sad but sincere smile. daruk beamed again and said how he was eagerly waiting for link to destroy ganon.

"i want to give you something, 

it's a special power of mine called 

daruk's protection!"

daruk slammed his fists together and sent a red orb in link's direction. the orb went through link, and the hero touched his chest. link reenacted daruk's moves and created an orange and red field around himself. 

link was amazed!

"from the depths of my soul, this protection now lays inside of you! however, i can feel another sort of protection emanating from you."

link gave him a confused expression but then noticed that he was being surrounded by aqua-like flames.

daruk wished him luck and took rudania down the mountain while link was transported back to goron city.