fever weather

"y/n..."

"y/n..!

"y/n!"

"stay with me!"

everything was black and blurry, you couldn't see well. you smelt fire, and heard muffled screaming. you also felt someone holding you, holding you with shaking hands. your hearing was hazy and you didn't know what was happening.

"y/n...please, look at me!"

you tried to look up, trying to see the person holding you.

"help!"

"someone! please!"

your eyes fluttered, tears coming out of your e/c eyes.

"no, no, no, no! y/n!"

the voice started to fade away.

"come back! wake up!"

your eyes fell.

"come back to me..."

-=-=-=-=-

you woke up, gasping for air.

you sat up, eyes darted everywhere at your surrounding. your hands were clammy and hot, sweat was dripping down your face. your chest moved up and down rapidly, you held your forehead and wiped the sweat off. your heart was beating fast and you tried to breathe in and out. you closed your eyes. you slowly let yourself fall back onto the somewhat-soft bed and you rubbed your temples.

you felt terrible!

your head felt like something was drilling into it, and your eyes were tired and dry. everything felt heavy and hot at the same time and you hated it.

suddenly, you felt something move on the right side of the bed.

your eyes grew soft, replacing anxiety with adoration.

your friend, the brave hero of hyrule, was sleeping soundly on your bed. his arms lay in front of him and his head in between them on the soft blanket, he was sitting on a small stool. his back arched, so that he was able to reach your bed and lie on it comfortably with his top part of his body. small snores came from him every now and then, his body lifting up and down slightly every time he breathed in and out.

you felt yourself calm down after seeing link like this and you tried to analyse your current situation.

you remembered arriving at zora's domain, then suddenly darkness overtook you.

you felt link stir and you watched him. he yawned in his sleep, stretching his arms forward. he slowly opened his eyes. link rubbed one of his eyes with his bare hand, and he looked over at you with a dazed face.

you blinked.

he blinked.

then suddenly,

"Y/N!!!"

link leapt into your body, his arms securely holding you. the bed bounced up and down from the sudden contact and he squeezed you tight. link held your shoulders as he pulled away, a worried look on his face.

"y/n! how are you feeling? are you alright? you got a fever, so i-"

-

"link! i'm fine, promise."

-

"oh, thank the goddesses!"

he hugged you again, but this time, a lot more calmer and less-harsh. he rubbed your back, then apologised for jumping at you. you smiled it off and held his hand in yours. you felt the comforting warmth and held his hand tightly. even though he wore his gloves all the time, the hand underneath was soft and smooth, but decorated with lines from years of hard training.