CHAPTER 35

1 YEAR LATER

Lisa's POV

It's been a year since I left Korea. Jennie usually calls me at my lunch break since she just got home from work. Ever since I left she became more busy in office and I adore her more to still calls me and remind me to eat my lunch.

I wasn't expecting too the work they gave to me. I was nearly going back to Korea because I think I can't handle it. Especially that I was a fresh graduate. I am so happy that my co-workers are so kind they even help me to negotiate to some investor and they gave me advice if needed.

"Ms. Manoban." The CEO's secretary calls me.

"Yes?" I asked.

"The CEO wants you to meet one of the investor." She said.

"Are you going with me?" I asked.

"No, I have something to do that the CEO request. I think Ms. Nayeon will be with you. She already got all the information of the investor." She said and I nodded.

All of us here didn't saw the CEO's face. That's why they said that this company was the first in list of Korean Companies which don't have any idea who owns. The question is how come this company belongs to Korean Republic if this building runs and build in Switzerland. Moreover, I don't think that the owner is Korean because they said he's born here.

Anyways, I don't want to gossip in here. The important thing is I do have a job and a stable income that can provide what my mom needs. She's doing good too. Jennie keeps on monitoring her and don't let her get tired.

"Lisa! Let's go. We need to go first at the place because they said that this investor is very scary." Nayeon told me and I just stood up from my desk.

Are you curious what position they gave me? Well, they gave me the position of COO.

Big responsibility, right?

But I can't complain because like what I've said I was nervous and nearly going back to Kim's company.

I settled on the table they reserved and I just talk with Nayeon. I always remember Jennie in her. Her eyes, her gummy smile but I want Jennie Kim more she's still different.

And I really miss her.

Nayeon is so bubbly and happy person while Jennie is very strict and you barely saw her baby side.

"Good afternoon." I stop laughing when I recognize the voice.

I immediately turn my head at my back to confirm my assumptions and I widened my eyes with a big smile.

"JENNIE!" I stood up and runs to her.

She didn't think twice and hug me back tightly then pulls away.

"I missed you! Why you didn't tell me that you're going here?" I asked smiling big on her.

"You seem busy laughing with her." She said and nodded her head towards Nayeon.

Nayeon bow down and smiles politely.

"Tsk. You know that I can leave anytime if you told me." I said to her.

I hug her again tightly and caress her hair.

"I really missed you. Now, I know why are you not calling and texting me." I whispered on her.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Kim." Nayeon greeted.

"Good afternoon too." She smiles.

"Let's start the meeting so you two can spend more time together. Shall we?" And we both nodded.