Dinner time fun

....

Khile khile chehron se aaj

Ghar hai mera gule gulzar kya kehna

....

Target: 5 votes and 10 meaningful comments

HAPPY READING!

"Dinner is ready" Rivaah screamed from the kitchen to call the rest of the family down from their rooms. Sanskriti and Pranali started carrying the prepared curries and the plates to the dining room.

Despite being the richest family, it was Rekha's rule that her daughter in laws share the house duties equally irrespective of whether they are working or not. This rule was just not applicable to the daughter-in-laws but every member of the huge family. From the youngest child to the oldest man, everyone was given a task which they had to complete before doing anything.

It was the older men's duty that they clean the table after dinner. The women had to clean the table after lunch. The lunch and dinner responsibility was shared among the daughter-in-laws and the children. If the given task was not completed, there were punishments decided and in that the whole youngsters gang was punished even if one child did the mistake.

Yashvardhan and Rekha had made these rules after alot of contemplation. They were made so as to avoid fights in the family and strengthen the bond between the children. She didn't want her family to shatter like the other families where the sister-in-laws are finding reasons to show the other one bad and are instigating their husbands and breaking the brotherly bond. 

The men came down and helped their wives settle the food and took their seats. Slowly, one by one the youngsters also appeared and sat in their given seat.

"VEER!" Kiaan shouted from his room angrily.

"Oh no!" Veer immediately hid under the dining table, understanding that Kiaan understood his mischief. Kiaan came running downstairs from his room and looked at everyone asking Veer's whereabouts. The elders decided to keep mum. Shraddha slowly indicated Kiaan about Veer. She pointed with her finger under the table. Kiaan bent down the table and glared at a cheeky Veer.

Veer got out from under the table, from the other end and squinted her eyes towards Shraddha.

"Jalkukdi(Jealous girl ), you can't let me enjoy happiness. Let your turn come, I'll reveal each and every game of yours" Shraddha rolled her eyes at Veer's comment. It was common between the twins. Shraddha does the setup the mischief but Veer executes it and hence he always lands in trouble.

Kiaan threw a spoon from the table on Veer, which he dodged by ducking down.

"Zaalim, this shakal of mine is Mr. Universe worth. (Heartless man, this face of mine is Mr. Universe worth)" Veer picked a steel plate and used it as a shield. Both of them were running in circles of the dining table.

Sanskriti stood up to stop their fights.

"Hey, don't it just got interesting" Yashvardhan stopped her from interfering between the boys. Kiaan was revealing all the girlfriend names of Veer while Veer was rebuttling it with the number of girls he has seen Kiaan with.

"I will go tell Jiya about you and Radha" Kiaan tried catching up with Veer, who ran even faster. 

"Then I will also tell Kavya, that I saw you and Urvi together in a restaurant feeding each other" Yashvardhan and Harshvardhan, looked at both of them interestedly. They were having extreme fun while the ladies were tired of their banter. Pranali, stood up angrily and caught both of them and pushed them into their chairs, without saying a word.