Sunday & Heartbreaks

The Sunday came sooner than expected. Nishtha dressed in a heavy red anarkali, curling her long hair and applying nude makeup.

"How long will you get ready?" Kabir and Soham opened her bedroom door and looked at her with boredom.

"Am I looking okay?" She asked nervously, twirling her dress.

"They aren't going to eat you di" Soham answered with a smile.

"But will they like me? What if they think I don't match upto Vikrant's standards, or am too childish?" She walked about her room in tension, biting her lips in nervousness.

"No problem, Vikrant will console them, plus from what I've heard from Isha, they already like you" Kabir stopped Nishtha and pulled her out of the room and walked with her to the living room.

"Beta" Her father called her.

"Ji Pa?"

"I've agreed to meet them, but if I find something wrong, you will keep respect my decision" Her father said patting her head. She nodded with a shy smile.

"Ji papa" She hugged her father, lovingly.

"They are here" Soham returned to the living room with a smile, causing Nishtha's heartrate to spike with nervousness and excitement.

"Am looking fine, right?" She looked at her family members and asked then hurriedly. They looked at her with annoyance and walked to the main gate to welcome the guests.

"Pooja di should have been here, all of you aren't giving me right answer" she said missing Pooja, who couldn't join due to last minute work at her workplace.

Vikrant entered her house with his parents and siblings. Only Omkar and Sanskriti had come, to ensure that don't overwhelm the Mehta's. Kritika and Kiaan followed Omkar and Sanskriti as Vikrant joined them from behind.

Kritika walked over and hugged Nishtha with a soft smile, while Kiaan shook his hand with hers looking at her teasingly. All of them settled on the sofas. The older men got busy with their political and business talks as the women of the house, placed their views upon the topic when neccesary.

"Pooja isn't here?" Sanskriti asked, noticing that only her was missing.

"Di had some last-minute work. She had left some documents at office which are to be audited before tomorrow" Soham answered with a smile, helping Nishtha carry snack bowls.

"Ohh, why didn't you try our company for job? Both of you would have easily got a position" Omkar asked Soham. The news of Pooja resigning from her position spread like fire amongst the businessmen. All of them desperate to get a hand over her so they can have a great asset to their businesses.

"We didn't want to get a job on terms of relations. We wanted to do something on our own. Like start from 0" Soham answered with a proud smile, knowing his thoughts were righteous.

"Nice, you are working with Mr. Rahul Jindal?" Sanskriti asked as she helped Nishtha's mother arrange plates on the coffee table.

"Ji aunty" He passed her the chutney bowls, taking from Nishtha's hands.

"That's great, both of you are working for great industrialists. Am actually glad that Pooja decided to keep her past away from her present and is working for Jaidev" Omkar said handing a plate to Nishtha's father with a smile as he talked to Soham.

"WHAT!!!" Soham, Kabir, Nishtha and her parents stood up in a shock and looked at each other wide-eyed. The Rajputs noticed that they spoke something which they shouldn't had.