New Beginnings

Nishtha walked into the hospital with her head held high. It was after 6 months, she didn't wait for Vikrant. The liftman looked at her in shock which she gracefully ignored.

She hadn't showed it to the world but his actions had deeply hurt her yesterday. She no longer wanted his attention but she also didn't want him to look at anyone but her. She controlled herself from looking in Vikrant's cabin direction. Fisting her hands she walked to her cabin and took deep breathes.

She placed her bag in her locker and sat on the ergonomic chair provided in her cabin.

Twirling in her chair she pulled out the files of the patients she had to do a post surgery checkup

Twirling in her chair she pulled out the files of the patients she had to do a post surgery checkup. Pushing her hair behind her shoulders, she picked up a pen from the pen holder and started jotting down a few important points in her diary, stating the possible situations that could have gone wrong during the surgery and how they could be avoided.

"NISHU!" Her friend, Krunal, stormed inside her cabin, giving her a mini heart attack.  Placing her hand on her heart she glared at him.

"What?" 

"Vickido is going crazy" Krunal walked insider an sat on the chair.

"So? What am I supposed to do?" She ignored the feeling of asking him why Vikrant was going crazy.

"Thought you might want to know"

"No thanks. As you can see, I've got alot on my hands" She pointed out the files on her table.

"As you say... Chal, let's go on rounds" Krunal, straightened his coat while Nishtha picked her from the hanger.

"Waise, why are you so sajhi dhaji? Vickido is going to hell or what?(By the way, why are you so dressed up)" Krunal asked interlacing his hand with hers.

"Am the hell" She winked at him, adjusting her stethoscope. She updated him about the yesterday's incident, and her the hurt she felt.

"See Nish, if he wants you, then he has the right to pursue you but if you feel he's just playing around, its better you wake up now than latter. You'll feel more hurt in future if he doesn't reciprocate your feelings"

"Am just going with the flow right now. I don't understand what he wants from me. He is giving me mixed signals"

"I get you.."

"If you 2 are done, your presence would be appreciated in the surgical ward. Please do come if you are not busy" Vikrant  rudely entered her cabin and glared at the way Krunal and Nishtha's hands were interlinked. Looking into Nishtha's eyes, he sarcastically asked her to follow him for rounds.

"Told you.. He's blasting on everyone he sees" Krunal whispered into her ears. She shrugged at him not knowing why Vikrant was suddenly behaving like she murdered his favourite toy. Both of them followed him silently to the wards and got busy with their patients and their check-ups.