Forgiveness

TARGET: Equal Number Of Votes And Comments

"What did your brother do to his sister?" Nishtha asked confused.

"Sanskar bhai and Gauravi went long way down in past. They knew each other even before I knew Om" Sanskriti explained to Nishtha.

"How? You didn't know about Gauravi buaji earlier?" Nishtha was extremely confused.

"No, I didn't have any idea of bhai's life. After leaving Rajput mansion, I had gone straight to bhai and asked him as to how he knew Om's sister. That's when I got to know that bhai and Gauravi had an affair but bhai had to leave her because my father was emotionally blackmailing him to get married to another girl to save his business. Bhai broke Gauravi's heart by giving her a foolish reason, forcing her to move out of country and have a change in personality" Sanskriti felt anger build up towards her father, for forcing her and her brother into unwanted relations for his sake.

"But Sanskar mamaji never married anyone else except buaji. If he was forced then why did your father force you?" Nishtha questioned.

"The girl bhai was to get married to, broke the alliance because bhai told her everything about him and Gauravi and she didn't want to ruin his and her life. Since that alliance broke, my father decided to bind me into one. All this took place around 6 months after bhai had broken up with Gauravi. Omkar got to know about it and decided to handle it in his way" Sanskriti said with a sad smile.

"But what Omkar uncle did wasn't also right? Why did you and bauji return to the men? What mamaji did is still understandable but what uncle did isn't good. He had hatred for you in his heart from the first time he saw you so how he fell for you?"

"When I had returned to my brother, bhai was trying to pacify Gauravi. He had explained her everything right after my marriage but she was too hurt to accept it that she still loved him. And as of Om, he ran around me for an year before I forgave him and one more year to make me fall for him again. After Gauravi had explained to her brothers about why bhai took a drastic step, Om felt guilty about what he did to me and tried apologizing but at that time, my trust on him was 0, maybe just not him but on everyone" Sanskriti described to her.

"How did he make you fall for him?"

PAST

"Sanskriti, this dress is going to look perfect on you" Omkar ran behind her holding a plain baby pink chiffon anarkali. 

She picked up the dress and passed it to her househelp.

"Your daughter will look awesome in it" She said with a smile. Omkar's face fell at her actions before brightening up again.

--------------------------------------------

"How's the cake?" Omkar asked her as she sat for lunch in a restaurant. He was wearing the apron, indicating he made it for her. She stood up and passed the cake to a beggar before ordering for her meal.

_____________________________________

"STOP IT!!!" She angrily looked at Omkar who was following her everywhere like a lost puppy.

"Stop it Omkar! You wanted forgiveness and I've forgiven you but don't try to act like you love me because I won't. I did that mistake once and am not going to repeat it. I fucking loved you and what did you do, hand me divorce papers and that too from Hriday, a third person. Leave me alone! Please!" She banged her hands together and walked away breaking Omkar's heart. 

Sanskriti entered a restaurant for dinner and Omkar followed her there too. Upon seeing him there, she stood up to leave from that place.

"This is for her, whose heart I broke. This is my last opportunity to convince her before I leave her on her own, giving her the freedom to live without me, happily" He announced on a mic halting her feet. He borrowed the stage for a few minutes to convince Sanskriti to give him one last chance.

He took the guitar from the band that was playing live music and settled on the stool. Slowly the music started filling the room and made Sanskriti turn around to look at him.

Na maaregi deewangi meri
Na maaregi awaargi meri
Ke maaregi zyada mujhe maut se
Naraazagi teri

She felt her heart melting at the first stanza. This song was her weakness. Sanskar and Gauravi walked her to the table and made her sit. She stared at Sanskar with anger.

Kyun itna huaa hai tu khafa
Hai zidd kis baat ki teri
Ke maaregi zyada mujhe maut se
Naraazagi teri

"You told him about this song?"

"Yes. You both need a fresh start" Sanskar said with a small smile.

"I hate him bhai. He broke my heart for a filthy revenge" She looked at her brother angrily.

Jaan 'nisaar hai Jaan nisaar
Tere pyaar pe mere yaar
Jaan nisaar hai... mmm...

Duniya zamaane se
Rishte mitaaye hain
Tujhse hi yaari hai humari
Ik baar toh aa

"He did and it was a grave mistake on his end. He spoilt your life and even though you forgave him I can never forgive him for that. But shona, he worked to get your forgiveness. In today's world who works so hard to earn forgiveness. Give him another chance, maybe this time you'll have the authority whether or not to stomp over him"

"Bhai, this is a gamble... and am risking my heart again. If history will repeat again, I'll break into pieces and never be one again. You know me, I think from the heart and if there's no heart, there'll be no me" She looked between both the men with unsurity.

"Play this gamble trusting on me. You won't lose anything "Her brother said with a smile.

The song came to an end and she stared at him, not breaking the eye-lock between them. He slowly headed towards her table just for her to leave from that place. He followed her outside the restaurant and noticed her standing there with an angry face.

"You played unfair. Bhai told you about this song being my weakness" She complained taking one step towards him. He stood there shocked at her initiating the conversation.

"You didn't leave me with a choice. I was running out of ideas, flowers, chocolates, cakes, teddies, cooked for you, did labour work but aap thodi zyada hi naaraz thi (you were quite too angry with me)" He said with a smile, knowing that he did crack the jackpot.

"Acha, you left me for 6 months, all alone in that bhootiya haveli (horror house), just to give me a divorce letter at the end and am told that I was too angry" She taunted him, taking another step towards him.

"Sorry. I was insane when I did that. I was stupid, idiot, dumbo" He said hitting his head for his past actions.

"One chance, one last chance, if you mess this up, you will officially ruin me such that I'd be living corpse. I know we will have fights and I'll be angry with you, but don't give up on me and so would I not give up on you"

"I swear I won't mess this chance. You'd never be so angry that you will leave our house. This time our house won't be bhootiya haveli (horror house) but ghar (home) for you. I won't break you" Omkar said with sincerity, promising her that he won't repeat his mistakes and he repented for them.

"Don't ever break me"Saying that Sanskriti hugged Omkar tightly, embracing him the way he is, with the flaws and bads.

PAST ENDS

"That's so sweet. You had an amazing love story" Nishtha said with huge smile.

"Yupp, and you too will have. You both will fight like cats and dogs but at the end of the day you both will have eachother by your side. And whenever you will feel like he is mistreating you or not giving you what is rightfully yours, talk to him about it. 99% of the problems in a marriage arise due to miscommunication, don't let anyone or anything create a gap between you two" Sanskriti advised her before getting up and walking in the direction Omkar went in.

Nishtha on the other hand, thought about Sanskriti's words.