Epilogue 2.0

ONE YEAR LATER

"Here's your mocha latte, 4 dollars" Pooja said with a smile, dressed in black shirt, with rolled up sleeves and an apron around her neck.

"Thank you" The customer took their order and went to a table.

"Pooja darling" Her friend called out her name.

"Yes love" She turned around and looked at her friend on the other side of the table. 

"What do you think?" Her friend indicated at the couple sitting at one of the tables.

"New birds in the sky of love" Pooja said as she observed how to couple was with each other.

"Kaise?" Her friend, Bhavna asked as she hugged the serving tray.

"There's hesitation in their actions and happiness in their eyes. Dono ek dusre ke aankhon mein toh bas gaye hai sirf dil mein utarna baki hai" Pooja said before turning to her work.

"Uff yeh panktiyan" Bhavna did a mock salute before she went to her work.

Pooja had settled well in The USA. She didn't to a corporate job like she did in India. She worked in a cafe that might not pay her that well but she was happy being here. She wanted to start somewhere afresh and the place provided her an oppurtunity. Behind the mask of a happy girl she still the same woman who was scarred with the realities of past.

"We want a song... We want a song" One of her regular customers asked for her to sing. She refused him by shaking her head, sinking behind the counter but all her customers pulled her out and handed her, her guitar, making her sit in between the cafe.

The pain in her voice made the crowd go speechless. The ones who didn't understand hindi were also moved by her voice. 

_____________

"Am sorry, sorry sorry sorry" She was running around the sofas as Jaidev ran to catch her.

"You are so gone today Pooja" Jaidev threw a pillow on her which she managed to escape.

"Aww bade baby ko bura lag gaya" She teased him as she ran towards the dining room trying to escape him.

---------

"You mean no one to me anymore"

"Please don't do this to me. Where will I go? I can't live without you" She pleaded as he remained stoic.

" I've said my decision" Saying that he cut all ties with her, leaving her barren to any relation she had with him.

______

A tear slid down her cheek which remained unknown to her. Her mind drifted back to the time she spent with Siddarth.

_____

"Promise me that you won't break me" She looked at him with fear and courage together.

"Promise" He pulled her one step towards him.

"Promise me you won't be the reason for me crying"

"Promise" He again pulled her close. With every promise, he reduced the distance between them.

"Promise me that you won't cheat on me ever in this life"

"Will prefer dying than cheating on you" He said wrapping his arm around her waist. She placed her hands on his chest to maintain the distance between them.