Confessions Of Love

Nishtha and her friends walked straight to the bar counter. They sat on the stools looking at people dancing, vibing to me the beat.

"Drinks?" Krunal asked looking at Shefali and Nishtha.

"Beer" Nishtha said, tapping her feet, feeling the music pump through her veins. 

"Let's go dance" Shefali and Nishtha stood up, not being able to control their feelings. Krunal immediately held them by their hands and pushed them back onto their stools. 

"Please naa" Shefali looked at him with a sad pout. 

"Atleast wait till Nish's brother comes"

'He'll come when he feels like to, let us go na" Nishtha held Shefali's hand and looked at him with persuasive eyes. He left their hands and smiled. The girls rushed to the dance floor.

The dance floor was dimly lit with blue light beams. Since it was a weekday, there wasn't much public except the heartbroken ones, business men and ones like them.

Nishtha threw her hands in air and did the hooksteps of the song, smiling and laughing at Shefali. She spotted her brother Kabir enter the club. 

She was enjoying herself, when she felt a presence behind her. Noticing that it was a creep trying to be extra friendly with her, she gave him a glare asking him to back off. The creep didn't understand her actions and inched a little closer, placing his hands on her. She immediately turned around to slap him but before she could, the creep was pulled away from her and pushed to the ground.

"Vikrant stop!" She held his arm, stopping him from punching the creep. He looked at her concerned eyes and pulled his arm away from her.

"If I see you misbehaving with any other girl again, you will be sent direct to morgue" Vikrant glared at him and held Nishtha's wrist tightly. Nishtha looked at her brother, asking for help.

Kabir who was glaring at the creep, looked at her with softened eyes. He motioned her to follow Vikrant. She looked at him in shock and anger, and mouthed him to intervene. Kabir chuckled to himself and smiled at her, giving her a thumbs up.

"Vikrant slow down please" She called him as he was pulling her out of the club with a rush. Her heels weren't acting in her favour and so was his speed. He ignored her plea and pulled her to a secluded area. Caging her between the wall and him, he held her by the jaw.

She responded it with equal temper, and pushed his hand away from her face.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"

"Club hai...obviously am not doing bhajan here" She looked at him with attitude.

"NISHTHA!" He screamed her name in anger, making her flinch away from him in fear. All colour drained away from her face as she looked at Vikrant slowly turn into an animal, who was howling in anger.

"What are you trying to prove to me, huh? WHAT?" The grip on her wrist tightened, as fear clouded her vision.

"You wanted to make me jealous, fine I am jealous of Dr. Krunal. You wanted to impress me, I am already fucking impressed with you, so kindly do explain to me what the fuck was happening today and why was the creep touching you" He shouted in anger as he looked at her.

She watched him with wide eyes and open mouth. She blincked her eyes rapidly, checking if she isn't dreaming.

"Speak something for god's sake" He closed the gap between them and stood in her space, demanding answers. Clearing her throat she looked at him.

"You like me?" The red hue was visible on her cheeks and neck. 

"You only heard that!" He looked at her incredously. Her gaze slid down to her hands, avoiding any eye contact with him. Slowly she nodded her head.