Mine Always

"Let's go inside and talk" Jaidev tried holding her hand which she swatted away immediately.

"There's nothing left to talk. I've seen your truth and that's it" She took a step back.

"What truth, huh, what? Just because you think that only you went through pain doesn't mean I wasn't in pain. You stuffed yourself in business, trying to forget me, went ahead and fell in love with my bestfriend, am still not saying anything about it Pooja, but that doesn't mean you get to make me feel shit" Jaidev held her captive in his arms. She tried pushing him away with her might but failed. She halted her attempts when she heard him mention that Siddharth was his bestfriend. Tears formed in her eyes and she lost her stature, her knees went weak with defeat and felt her head spinning around. Jaidev let her go.

"Bestfriend?... You men literally thought of me as a toy. Kabhi papa ke haath me toh kabhi aapke Jaidev, aur phir kabhi Siddharth ke haath mein. (Sometimes in dad's hands or Jaidev's or Siddharth's hands)Papa never loved me, but did any one of you loved me, even for a second?" She looked at both the men with teary gaze, collapsing on the ground, screaming at her ill-fate. Her head turned towards Jaidev, who kneeled down beside her, pushing away the wet strands of hair, tucking them behind her ear while Siddharth stood still with his hands in his jeans pockets.

"Never stopped loving you, sunshine"

"Lies, if you would have loved me, you wouldn't had let me go. You would have fought for me" She pushed his hand away from her and looked at him with accusations swirling in her eyes.

"Siddharth?" She turned towards him.

"I can't love you, even if I wish to. You are my bestfriend's wife. You aren't mine to love or cherish. You are Jaidev's just like he is yours" Siddharth bent down to her and cupped her cheeks, wiping her tears with a smile.

"Ek pal ke liye bhi nai? (Not even for a moment)" More tears 

"Nai. I love you as a friend, but I can't love you like lover, I am married and am immensely in love with her" Siddharth pulled Pooja on her feet with the help of Jaidev. 

"You cheated on her with me, that explains how much you love your wife" She was glaring at him, for just not breaking her heart but also the trust of a woman he was married to.

"She knows about this. She knows I will never love anyone else except her. Think about it, I've never touched you inappropriately. She knows why I've done this"

"So basically, am just a game to you all. First dad then you. I was never a human being to anyone of you. Great! I've never felt so stupid in my life like today" She wiped away her tears and started taking steps away from them with more tears damping her cheeks. Jaidev swirled her around and captivated her in his embrace.

"You aren't stupid Pooja. We hid things from you...to protect you.Sunshine, all those minutes that have passed were a stab to my heart that you were away from me. There is and there was no one in my life except you. At Kabir's wedding, I came in hands with Sid's wife. It was a part of the plan. I've only and only loved you"

"Stop Jaidev Stop! Am done with lies, done being manipulated, again and again. I don't know anymore who am I. I don't know who I should trust or not. You've played enough with me, let me free now, I beg you, leave me alone. Let me be the person I want to be. I've seen what happens when I try to mould myself into the person I love wants me to be. It has given me nothing but pain. Let me free Jaidev, I want to breathe, please" She threw punches on his chest before falling on his chest in tiredness. Jaidev held her safe in his arms while Siddharth smiled to himself, praying that the couple doesn't seperate once again.