Tilak Ceremony

....

Hey Shubhaarambh, Ho Shubhaarambh, 

Mangal Bela Aayi, 

Sapnon Ki Dehri Pe, 

Dil Ki Baaji Re Shehnai

....

Target: 10 votes and 15 meaningful comments.

Happy Reading!

The Rajput mansion was filled with hustle bustle. They had booked a hotel for the wedding. The bride and groom's family were supposed to directly meet their and from then onwards the wedding rituals would begin.

The first ritual in both the houses was Tilak. The wedding was to be a Gujrati wedding following its traditions since the groom's family was a Gujrati family.

(Tilak : the father of the bride applies the tilak on the groom's forehead to officially welcome him into the family and confirm the wedding. There is exchange of mithai and shagun between the families)

All the men of the family from Isha's side were to go to Kabir's house and do the tilak ceremony.

Kabir and his family were sitting in their living room waiting for Isha's family.

"Nishtha aayi?(came)" Kabir whispered in his cousin, Pooja's ear. The cousin showed him her phone that she had dialed her, but she wasn't picking it up.

"This isn't done, she has to be here" Kabir was panicking with every passing second without his sister.

"She'll come bro, relax. They are just coming for tilak today, Gol Dhana (Sagai) is tomorrow. Chillax" Pooja tapped Kabir's shoulder in assurance.

"I know, but still. She has never met anyone from the Rajputs. They just know I have a sister called Nishtha but they've not seen her anytime we all are together. It creates a wrong impression" Kabir tried calling Nishtha from his phone.

This time she picked it up.

"Am on my way home bhai. Stop calling me like a despo because a policeman will catch me. Additionally, you are calling the wrong person so desperately" Nishtha replied from the other end of the call.

"Come soon. Till you aren't here, the rituals won't start, so your ass must be here before they come or else I'll beat you to pulp" Kabir almost practically shouted through the phone.

"You will beat? I'll go complain to Isha bhabhi, watch me do" Nishtha warned him.

"She doesn't even know you" Kabir smirked, knowing that Nishtha has never seen or met any of the Rajputs.

"There is something called like Technology and phones. We can face-time each other. And getting number from that phone of yours which has a very poor password, 1234, it isn't hard at all to get her number. So shut up and pump up for bringing bhabhi home" Saying that Nishtha cut the call and continued driving.

"Told you" Pooja shrugged her shoulders and pushed Kabir back into his position. Nishtha soon came running into the house. Her hair were all ruffled up and tied in knots. Her kurti had become crumpled. She quickly ran to Kabir and took him in a hug.

"I told you to take leave and here you are, going again" Kabir complained like a small child.

"I did take a leave but an emergency came up so I had to go, please understand" Nishtha moved towards Pooja and hugged her.