Arrested

I've forgotten the name of Pooja's father and Kabir and Nishtha's parents. So am going to do their naamkaran (naming) again.

Pooja and Soham's father - Arvind.

Kabir and Nishtha's parents- Manish and Maya.

______________________________________________

Kabir rang Pooja's doorbell, which she opened almost immediately.

"Am going to come straight to the point cutting all the bullshit" Kabir said as he settled on the sofa. Pooja returned from the kitchen, carrying a tray of a glass of water. He held the glass and placed it aside without taking a sip. Pooja realized that Kabir was still angry with her.

"What happened?" Pooja asked concerned.

"Dad refused to get Vikrant and Nishtha married, since he believes that some weirdass panditji said Vikrant's future shows he'll have no child. I've had my share of arguments with him, but he refuses to bulge" Kabir said seriously.

"But naadi dosh is so 80s 90s, who believes in it today? Did Vikrant and Nishu do a medical test or something? Is it true that they can't have a child? Even if they don't, there are other options such as surrogacy or even adoption" Pooja exclaimed loudly, unbelieving that her uncle believed in those myths.

"They haven't done any tests yet, but Vikrant is quite sure that he is very potent. Anyways, the main plan to get dad agree to the wedding is quite risky. If you are ready to hear more gaali's from papa, then its fine" He looked at her skeptically.

"Anything for Nishu" Pooja placed a hand over Kabir's with a comforting smile. He quickly took away his hand from hers and glared at her. A sad smile formed on her face. He explained the plan to her ignoring her sad smile. He wanted to apologize for his actions, but he felt betrayed by her.

"I'll leave with Nishu tomorrow from home saying we are going to the hospital. When she won't be at home on time, I'll say she came to meet you. At around 12 midnight call dad and tell him that Vikrant came to your place and left with Nishu. Done?" Kabir reconfirmed the plan with her.

She shook her head in agreement in a smile, indicating she understood the plan completely. Both of them sat in silence until Pooja decided to break the ice.

"I've complained about dad to the police. They should be arresting him by tomorrow" she said in a small voice, feeling burdened about bitching on her father to the police.

"What evidence did you support your complaint with?" Kabir asked turned his head towards her.

"Chachu had the video of dad's violent behavior. He had given it to me on Sunday. The footage also had recorded the mumma's death reason" She could feel her throat being chocked by tears.

"Soham knows?"

"No, he isn't picking up my calls or responding to my texts or emails. He isn't even opening the door for me" A tear slid down Pooja's cheek as she recalled how Soham had completely cut off her from his life. After moving out of Pooja's apartment, he rented a simple one-bedroom apartment for himself.

"I'll talk to him" Kabir said cracking his knuckles.

"What is going on between Jaidev and you?" He asked after a few minutes.

"After leaving his company, he's blacklisted me from everywhere. After that he hasn't tried contacting me after that. Neither him nor his friends. As of now, am at home, doing nothing except Netflix and chill" Pooja relaxed on the sofa and placed her feet on the coffee table.