📍Chapter II: Conspiracy (?)

Chapter II: Conspiracy (?)

Milo has always dabbled in conspiracy stories. While he isn't like one of those people who wear tinfoil hats and believe the world is being controlled by robots, he emphasizes the cardinal idea of learning more about the world around him. Becoming an investigator never came to mind; in fact, he dreamed of owning a cat Café in town.
As for the drowned coast guard, it was revealed to be thirty-eight-year-old Andrew de Guzman. A father of two sons and a daughter.
"This leaves the eldest, Nico de Guzman, becoming the next breadwinner of the family," Tio Hector drinks his can of diet soda before continuing his story, "His career might offer him scholarship and additional opportunities. The good thing is the entire family receives financial support from the government."

"Psh! Typical parents treating their kid like some money bank," Irene scowled.

"Hey, rude!" Kaira called her out.

Unlike the missing fresh graduates, this tale was a bit expanded on. The reports say two days ago, the boat carrying Captain de Guzman and his crew were unexpectedly toppled over. Beneath the boat was a huge deformed body with several boils all over it. This person - or whatever it is - was found clutching at the rear end.

"IT'S A MUTANT?!!" Milo shouted. Everybody reminded him to keep it down.

"Probably. My American friend here told me that The Capital once housed a secret military base until the mysterious outbreak. He once worked there so at least he knew what's up," Tio Hector said.

Leo suddenly got up from the table and walked towards the door. "H-Hey, where do you think you're going?" Jin also rose from his seat to follow him.

"Look ... If you're bothered by the conversation, sorry about that! You know Milo's a curious fellow who - "

"I don't care about that! I just need to be somewhere alone. I'm heading out to train!" Leo responded bluntly.

Milo saw Jin's hush expression change into great vexation. Jin slammed his fist on the table. They've never seen him this emotional before. Everybody has a bad feeling on what's about to transpire next.