⛓ Chapter IV: POLARITY

Chapter IV: POLARITY
[September 13th, 2050 Tuesday]
Mariner Academy

One of the smallest gripes you can have at school is allowing every student to bring their devices with them.
The teachers do trust these kids that they aren't gonna use them during classes but also allow them to spread gossip during breaks.
The people working at the school papers are willing to peck on anything that catches their attention like vultures!
Milo has become the talk of the town after someone heard that he was being stalked.
They thought he was that awkward kid who forms friendships with strangers online. None of that could ever be true since he already had real-life friends to talk to.
During computer classes, they discussed online safety. Their teacher, Miss Sandoval, spoke like an old generation who often recalls the good ol' days, but with social media.

"Today, we're going to talk about making friends on social media! May I ask anyone who once had an online friend?"

Everybody starts turning their heads to him. Milo felt like sinking into the void right now. He wondered how the news got out. Kaira was the only one glaring at Rohan behind her. She bet the teacher's pet would do something to humiliate her friend.

At the start of break, Milo and his friends saw huge crowds amassed down the hallways. They immediately found out what was going on after hearing someone shout "It's Kaira!" They heard a loud thud as they approached the scene.

 They immediately found out what was going on after hearing someone shout "It's Kaira!" They heard a loud thud as they approached the scene

Leo was also there and they saw him trying to stop Kaira. She pinned Rohan against the lockers, berating him for eavesdropping on them yesterday.
It turns out he was out delivering meals around the neighborhood yesterday until he decided to spy on them. Being the nosy kid himself, he went to tell everybody about what he heard.
The Principal decided to step in and put a halt to the ruckus. He called the three of them over to his office. Milo, Jin and Irene followed suit so they could check on their friends. They fidgeted outside while listening to whatever is unfolding at the other side.

"Your parents didn't come to this country just so you can cause trouble! This school does not tolerate any form of violence and harm towards other students."

"But Principal Rizal! Our friend's personal troubles were broadcasted throughout the whole school. We heard Rohan telling the other kids about how he got wind of that story," Kaira said loudly.

"Yeah. It didn't have to be shared with everybody. Milo preferred that only his friends and family know about it!" Leo added.

Instead of feeling a little more sympathetic, Principal Rizal frankly told Kaira to think about her family's reputation while Leo is going to risk losing his basketball career for his involvement. His advice for them to simply ignore the gossip was rather unhelpful. As for Rohan, all he got was a slap on the wrist.

   Milo and his friends were all startled as the door swung open, followed by the bright flash of a camera

Milo and his friends were all startled as the door swung open, followed by the bright flash of a camera. A triad of students from The Mariner Chronicles began throwing petty comments on their way.

"You know, Milo ... You really should check your friends. I bet your dad is super worried about you right now," the blonde girl named Kelsey Garnier tilted her head against the camera while sticking her tongue out between her teeth, "Isn't he our gym teacher?"

This only provoked Kaira even further. "Don't drag his dad into this, girl!" she growled.

"The more you don't want people to talk about it, the more the news will spread. Why do you have to be so riled up over a mild gossip that doesn't involve you? It's also a shame one of the school's best athletes had to get involved," Kelsey questioned.

"Oh, by the way," the boy next to her name Alan Kalievich turned to Milo, "Please get off the Internet. There is more to life than being on-screen."

The trio later walked away giggling. Meanwhile, the classes got busy throughout the rest of the day. This meant homework and Milo will have to set aside his pursuit about The Red Bubble.

[RECORDING]

I have always thought that immigrants get along well because we all come to the Philippines for a brighter future. With kind folks, there are also people who tread on others and simply hate your guts.
I just finished doing my work but it's all thanks to not seeing my stalker ... That is, until now! He was hunched over their balcony while holding a can of beverage. He slowly walked back inside his place without ever looking back.
Whew! It's the second week of school yet all that mess feels like we're already in the middle of this term. I hope things get a little better starting tomorrow ...