🚨 Chapter XIII: TROUBLE

Chapter XIII: TROUBLE

"Where did you get this?"

Milo is unsure whether he should tell Aunt Glenda about Omar. He simply told her through e-mail that he got it from Chirag.
He has heard about various people involved in espionage throughout history and one thing is clear that nobody must know who they really are. If they ever relay any secrets to you, it should be kept between you.
   Ten minutes later, he received another e-mail, this time it's from Omar. There were five more photographs and one long footage attached to them.
    There was a lot more evidence than he had expected. They exactly match everything the guy just said in the video.
He tried saving all of them on his laptop so he can just send them straight to Aunt Glenda than forward it from Omar's real e-mail address. His antivirus detected a spy bot from the later three files.

"Hold on ... A 'spy bot'?" he found out this stuff is used to keep track of someone's personal data and release their location to the party behind it. How am I supposed to send them now? There's no way I'm going to send a spy bot to my aunt!

Now, 'spy bots' are outlawed in other countries including the Philippines. Any ordinary citizen, including the police and the press, are not allowed to use it for some reason.
He instead dragged them over to the e-mail website's archive box, have their suspicious features removed and from there he already sent the safer copies to Aunt Glenda.
    As he hoped that everything is about alright, his aunt then requested he ask Chirag whether he knows the actual source.

"Oh, crap!" Milo squeaky gasped in dismay.

Milo consulted Chirag, who quickly suggested he tell his aunt that it came from one of Miss Odval's students who shall not be named for safety reasons.
He knows whatever he is doing is wrong, but he can't be certain if it's really worth telling anyone about Omar's recorded video.
   Omar does not appear to be a criminal for he is shown to have a professional ID card that stated his affiliation with the country's law enforcement.
Unless, his freedom to use spy bots means he must be working for the CIA or something. His thoughts were quickly interrupted by his dad's loud voice calling him downstairs.

"Hey, Milo! Aunt Glenda's here," Jason said.

   Milo gulped as he anxiously stepped out of the room. Hades sensed his owner was uneasy, leaped off the bed and followed him behind.

•••

Along the outskirts of Mantel City.

A rain forecast swept across the dome island. The outdoor temperatures have dipped to below twenty-five degrees which is a relief to someone like Omar. It's not because of the balmy weather, but an escapade from the loud noises brought by the festivities.
He picked up the groceries that were just delivered to his door and immediately grabbed a hot can of coffee from the tote bag.
   He sat by the window where he could see a couple of police cars outside the condominium. A little smug formed on his face.
   He is aware the landowner is being questioned about meeting someone named Omar. He always made sure to remove his tracks by going by a different alias.
What the public doesn't know is that he is an ex-police officer who got fired from the job three months ago. You have to wonder what his motives are ...

A potential enemy? A friend? Maybe both.