🩸Chapter VII: MAGRANA

Chapter VII: MAGRANA

A gigantic red limb appendage slammed against the concrete surface, nearly reaching one of the group.
The harrowing purple and rosy boils all over its sticky skin caused Milo to throw up while Jin, taking out his inhaler, had an asthma attack.
The curator, Mr. Soares, instantly slapped the inhaler off Jin's hand and tossed it into the hole where the monster lurks. He had that twisted expression as if he enjoyed seeing the boy suffer.

"We've heard a lot about you. You're responsible for The Magrana incident!" Milo pointed at Uno.

"Let me guess ... Little Georgie told you," Uno smirked. Milo and his friends never expected him to find out.

"Because of him, the government got hold of QSPYWARSY and killed them off in 2035. They were used as guinea pigs for biological warfare," the man added, "At nineteen, I was to take my father's leadership and avenge our men's deaths five years later."

He then pointed the huge hole where the secret SAN RAMÓN BIOLOGICAL CENTER once stood.
The ones who handled the Magrana strain were highly cautious and made sure to store it in a high-level containment. What is quite baffling is how Uno was able to hide his identity for as long as he can.
He looked nothing like his former self in those old photographs which Milo saw. He changed his face, hair and entire identity to hide from the authorities. He managed to convince everybody that he was a collected figure at school.

"I knew everything about you, especially you, Milo ... " he wagged his finger at them.

Uno held up his phone, warning them about releasing all of their sensitive information so the public would suspect them of conspiracy. It's not just them, but also their friends and family would get involved.
"It's all thanks to Mr. Soares that we learned you've been snooping on stuff. Now, if you don't want all of your info to be leaked out ... I want you to do something for us," he tapped his chin in a calculating manner. He snapped his fingers once an idea came into mind.

"Tell us the location of the man who exposed our group so we may let you all go!" he demanded.

Milo felt his heart sink, already on the verge of tearing up in fear. There is no way they are going to tell them about George's whereabouts. Whatever the man told them is top secret.

"Well?" Uno yelled.

"You leave the kids alone!" a gentle voice caught their attention.

A couple of damp footsteps trailed from behind them. As they turned around, they could not believe their eyes. It's Uncle Eric.
His diving suit was torn, bearing those gashes on parts of his body. With a fierce look in his eyes, he pointed a broken metal rod at Uno and Mr. Soares.

He isn't gonna let anything bad happen to these kids ...

* NOTE:

The San Ramón Biological Center is named after Saint Ramón (the patron saint of secrecy).