🪙 Chapter XIV: OMAR

Chapter XIV: OMAR

Cynical, devious and individualistic, Omar often views people as selfish and nothing more than chess pieces pitting with each other

He is never confined by any rules as long as he gets what he wants. It's easy to understand what made him this way by looking into his background.
The Vogel family actually belonged to the upper middle-class who fled to the Philippines from war-torn Israel on Christmas Eve of 2030. After losing his whole family in the war, Omar was adopted by them at the age of five.
Growing up proved to be difficult especially when they had to move from The Capital, then to Circa II following The Magrana outbreak. Their neighbors often thought of them as dangerous people from the Middle East and this went on since he was just a child.
As most of their relatives were lawmakers, he was also inspired to take a similar path and decided to enter the police force. After college, he became the first youngest immigrant to ever do so.
In late May of 2050, he caught wind of the missing case involving fifteen-year-old Denmark Castillo. Now, the boy is Sir Thomas Castillo's son and one of RFA's outstanding students. The school claims that the young Denmark has been getting into a lot of fights and decided to snuck out of the dorm one night.
When the press went to ask another student named Jonathan Garcia about it, he thought that his schoolmate had returned home after being excluded from his batch's graduation ceremony.
Considering the sluggish pace of the country's investigation team in the past, he couldn't afford to wait especially when he felt the given accounts don't add up.

Isn't it suspicious that the school never talked much about what's going on within their campus while ignoring the father's complaints? There's no way an honor student would suddenly behave this way on top of a hat.

Following the events, Omar was quickly taken off duty for trying to investigate the case himself and being accused of crimes a month later. It didn't help that all of his peers saw him as untrustworthy and demanded he return to his country for everyone's safety.
On the fifth of November, he finally got to see Milo's face on television and saw the boy could be his protégé. He believed that if someone like Milo were to spread the word, people are likely to listen.

"He could also be looking into the case as well ... " he assumed.