Chapter 15

Within an hour we are in view of Way Point village. Beautiful shrubs with purple flowers border what I can see of the village, with the exception of the entryways of course. Every building is made of the same gray wood. The theme seems to be big open windows with colorful curtains tied back to let in the pleasant breeze and light. Outside each building is a big porch, and in front of the porch are small gardens each appear to be different plants from vegetables to flowers and herbs.

Wood signs label the very few stores in the main road of the town. I count a dozen huts that are not stores. Such a small village, even smaller than Sutle. People mill about doing their chores, and stop to smile or wave. I do wonder if they are truly happy or just putting on a front for us. I am just surprised at the amount of color that is used everywhere! The curtains are yellows, orange, pink, blue, purple and even black. Matching ribbons are wrapped around the poles and porch railings.

At the end of the town is a sign announcing the Way Point Getaway. A circle of huts is all I can see over all the bushes. Ryen takes us to the right to the stable. I hadn't even noticed it until we're here. I follow his lead and dismount. Two young boys run to greet us and take our reins. They wear matching brown tunics with yellow ribbon weaved around the collar similar to something Alex does to her dresses.

"Miss, we'll take your horse now and bring your things to your hut." The raven haired boy smiled up at me.

"I'll see you soon," I whispered to Goddess and kiss her nose.

'You have fun now,' she dismisses me like a child.

Hmph to her then. Ryen holds out his elbow for me to take, I slip my arm into his with a smile. Sparks of desire shoot through me, he doesn't seem to be effected by me the same way. The thought drains all the pleasure out of the touch. He leads me back across the blue and purple cobblestone road and through the entrance of the Way Point Getaway.

I could see the general layout of the area from atop Goddess. Stepping on the wide walkway which had turned from the blue cobble to a smooth yellow, black and white swirling pattern. Just beautiful, how many times with the beauty of this place stun me?

Plants are obviously the main decoration of the getaway. The bushes are as tall as me and block the immediate view giving full privacy. As we round the last set of bushes I see five nearly identical huts that surround a fire pit. Around the fire pit are logs and rocks to sit on. To the left of me is a covered but still outdoor kitchen, with a few low tables with cushion chairs to be able to eat under cover. More of the same tables and cushions are spread out comfortably in the large space within the circle of huts. Some corners have large pots of flowers to give them privacy. I see a hanging chair and make a mental note to check that out.

Ryen takes me to the third hut, the one with dark green curtains on its small windows. He opens the wood door and lets me enter first. The room is breathtaking, a huge bed is the first thing I see, with plush green pillows and a matching green blanket. On the left of the entry door are a desk and chair, to the left of the bed is a bookshelf and two cushions. There is door on the right of the bed. I move in enough for Ryen to enter and close the door, not sure where to put myself.

"We'll be staying here for a while." He gestures around the room. "I plan to go look for our party in two days if they haven't made it to us by then."

My heads snap from the direction of the books to him. "How long were we in the cave?"

"A day and a half. We set a quick pace. Your family is quite stubborn I think they will take their time. Terra's time rotation is faster than Cutes Mutanta, time moves slower here. There is a restroom over there." He gestures to the door on the right of the bed. "The bathing area is something to keep an open mind about." He smirks. "Let me know when you are ready."