Chapter 30

I wake up sore from sleeping in an odd position. I blush as I remember, I did indeed sleep in a new way...with a man snuggled against me. I guess this wasn't the first night but still. Looking around I don't even see Ryen, I must have slept too late. My heart stutters, did he leave for Sutle already? Then I see on the desk is a plate of still warm food and a note.

Jadis, at midday I am sending a woman to pick you up. I want you to meet your second bodyguard before I leave.

Ryen Ordil.

A knock sounds on the door to the hut. Without waiting for me to answer, a woman bursts in and hands me a long dark green dress with a sparkling neckline. "Ryen says to put that on. I'll be back in ten minutes to take you to him." She says with a sneering smile.

"Thank you," I nod, but she's already walking away. Long black hair swaying behind her.

I huff as I put on the green dress, I can't fassen the back by myself so when the woman arrives I'll have to ask her. She's back before I've had more than two bites of my breakfast. Much to her displeasure she agrees to help me with my dress. Then she is pushing me out the door.

"I didn't catch you're name." I say as we head down the main road of Waypoint.

Her beautiful hair her swings over her shoulder, as she glances back at me. "I didn't give it. The deaora said no names." Her she grins slyly.

Despite her beauty and almost unnerving charm, something inside me says she is very dangerous. The deaora again... she's the second to mention the horrific beings that murdered my father, and waged wars on all worlds for the last millennia. There must be something I'm missing.

I follow nameless woman, very annoyed that she's only wearing some sort of wrap and looks as elegant as I do in my heavy jeweled dress. We receive friendly nods from the townspeople sitting on their porches. The hut we stop at on the right side of the road is decorated in purple, the porch is empty of people unlike every other porch or yard. The occupants must be inside with Ryen. Ryen... I move faster up the steps, I'm a little breathless with excitement as I raise my hand to knock the door.

Sebastian opens the door causing me to yelp, his dark gray eyes narrow with annoyance. Knowing that showing fear is always bad with predators. I suck in a breath and grin, "Hi!" He takes a step back glaring.

The woman laughs, "Behave wolf. Bye witchy." She waves goodbye and saunters off swaying her hips.

"Let the princess in." A voice says from inside, my body tingles with anticipation. The voice is male, deep, and calls to every single part of me. I blink before entering, what is wrong with me? And princess how does he know?

Sebastian moves aside, and the door closes behind me. I'm face to well chest with the man that has me so tingly. He's very very tall, my head is actually at his upper stomach and even under his shirt I can see what a delicious tight stomach it is. I have to look way up to see his face, mischievous stunning green eyes meet mine. My body floods with a desire so strong I stumble backwards, but he catches me before I fall. I'm speechless as I study him, his hair is light brown, short but long enough to be styled to a swoop to the right. He has a long nose, that is wider in two places like he's broken it several times. And his mouth, is upturned in a seductive grin that melts me.

"How many know who she is?" Ryen growls from somewhere behind the large man.

A blush rushes through me and I feel a little ashamed, only a little. I right myself and peek around him, spotting Ryen sitting at the far end of the room at a large table covered in papers. I take a step closer, maps. Odd.

"Almost everyone," comes Sebastian's soft voice from beside me.

I move a little closer into my-. My? A voice from deep inside me confirms, yes mine. Ryen's harsh voice brings me back around only to have the voice repeat 'mine', to Ryen as well. What in the lord is wrong with me? This means there are three men that are all mine, doesn't it?

I hear Sebastian respond to something Ryen had said. "There have been rumors since the Venefia came searching a few years ago, it was easy to put together."

Ryen groans but motions to the chair on his left. When I don't move, his amber eyes lock onto mine. I glance up to the man. Ryen nearly growls, his eyes turning more black than amber now.

"Jadis, that is Logan." He says through his teeth.

Logan pulls me out of his side to look down at me affectionately, "I'm glad we finally meet." He is very bold and kisses my cheek.

"Logan," Ryen snarls.

I go to Ryen's side, moving to his ear boldly whispering, "I think I want you both." I nip his ear.

Ryen's eyes narrow at me, displeased. "He is also one of your guards."

I look through my eyelashes at Logan, his gaze on me is intense. My breath hitches. I think he heard what I said to Ryen. My eyes flick over to Ryen, his face is utterly blank. I can tell whatever purpose he had for me to come here has been destroyed.

"Sebastian take her back her room. No one is to enter or exit." Ryen's voice is short and clipped. "Jadis I'll be there very soon then I'm leaving."

Sebastian gestures for me to move. I keep my eyes on Ryen as start to leave, he meets mine for a flickering instant before clenching his jaw and looking up at Logan. He's jealous, I realize. Even knowing that, I can't stop myself from touching Logan's chest as I pass him. I feel a hand trail my backside for a single second before Sebastian pulls me out the door. I do indeed hope it makes Ryen jealous enough to finally ravage me. I giggle.

(I love her meeting Logan makes me giggle every time I read it.)