Chapter 35

I search around, ah, he strides out from the bushes wearing only trousers. The muscles in his chest are like a sculpture, I want to touch him very badly. He sees the lust in my eyes and meets it with his own. I almost pant, at the look he's giving me, already my body is heated so badly that I need him to douse it.

A throat clears, and I blink looking at the stranger. Who's looking at Logan, "Stop that out here. It's kinda weird man." The stranger glances at me, I blush deeply. Logan has his lip curled, his fangs are out in warning. "Dude, stop it. The deaora will kill you if you continue this."

That shocks me out of my lust and makes my blood run cold. "What?"

The man turns to me, gray eyes not unkind but not open either, his blonde hair hangs to his shoulders. "If," the man gestures between us, "you do anything I don't think the deaora would spare him."

My eyes glitter dangerously, I smirk. "The deaora has no control over who I choose."

The guy looks at my shoulder, the mark Ryen left. I look over at it, surprised to see the palest blue of teeth shaped scar. Oh. I don't cover it, I am Ryen's. "No matter his mark, I already have permission, as Logan will be my permanent guard even as I return home."

Logan rolls his shoulders, the predatory grin he gives me, reheats my blood and makes me wet. Logan gently grabs my arm, pulling me away from the Getaway and out of the town gates. We don't take the main road that I took with Ryen while riding, instead we start on the road surrounding the town that I walked with Sebastian last night. Between two large scaled yellow trees we turn right onto a little dirt path. In Sutle it would be a deer trail, here though who knows.

"Where are we going?" I'm a little disappointed to not have been thrown on the ground and taken already. Logan has released my arm but continues ahead at a steady pace walking through tall dark blue bushes. I can't see anything above us besides yellow scaled trees with their big white leaves.

Logan stops and turns to me, eyes glittering dangerously. Do they ever stop? He is just dangerously delicious.

"I am determined to show you things you have never seen before."

I grin, "So where are we going now?"

"Looupy Falls."

"Will there be others there?" I hope he says no.

"Not today." He nostrils flare. "Come on."

We continue hiking in a comfortable silence for a few hours. Not once does he look back at me, I know that he is listening though. The trail inclines suddenly, he goes out of sight for a moment, the brush and trees at left behind on top of the trail. I see the deep blue ocean spread out in front of us overtaking everything. It's the most beautiful sight I have ever seen.

"Wow," I gasp. I look at Logan, his hand is held out to me. I take it, my heart thudding impossibly fast. Most likely from the exertion of the hike I tell myself. The land makes a u shape in front of us, then land falls away, and below far far below what appears to be the edge of the u. "Where is the source of the water?" I am stunned in beauty and wonder.

"Underground. Not sure if you noticed the trees, those particular ones only grow with a large source of water near them." He points behind us, and to the same type along the vast beaches.

"Ah," I smile. "How do we get down there? I'd love a swim, I'm already sweating." I glance around for a path.

He chuckles, and gives me a gentle tug. "Can you swim my sweet?"

"Of course, but-!" I scream as Logan scoops me up and jumps down the cliff. In moments water invades my every sense.

We plunge down under, I push away from him and swim for the surface. I break to the surface gasping and furious. My eyes blaze when Logan surfaces too. I lunch myself at him. "How dare you!"

He disappears back under the water. I let myself sink down holding my breath. Then I open my eyes, the water doesn't sting, my goodness he is fast! He's at the rocky beach, on the perimeter of bay, that's what it's called a bay! My eyes linger on the big boulders and sandy middle before I feel like my lungs may burst. I kick my legs propelling myself back towards the smooth surface. I tread water for a moment looking for Logan but he has disappeared into the big cave to the right of the waterfall itself.