Chapter 21

My legs are killing me by the time I see Waypoint approaching, I probably should have just rode with him. What was I thinking? My feet were even starting to hurt. Ryen swings down landing softly next to me.

"Are you always this stubborn?" He asks walking backwards to make eye contact.

Crossing my arms over my chest I scowl at him. "Yes."

"Now how are we supposed to have any fun if you are always being... that way." He gestures to me.

My jaw drops, "Seriously? You drive me mad! You'll act all serious and growly, then like a silly flirtatious boy. Can't you make up your mind?" I back off as I realize I'm almost touching him with my accusatory finger.

"That is precisely the problem. I can't make up my mind whether or not you are worth the risk."

I narrow my eyes, about to ask worth what risk when he is suddenly very very close with his mouth against my neck. "I'm not sure whether I'd like to take a bite out of you and hear that mouth scream, or fuck you senseless...I suppose you'd scream then too."

I swallow hard and bite my lip. What is the appropriate response to that? What does the first even mean? "I would take the fucking me senseless."

He spins away from me, "Alas you are too innocent for my tastes. I have stuff to do once we get back. I'm assuming you need to bathe again and eat?"

"Yes both of THOSE sound nice." I snap. "As long as I don't have to see you any longer." I grumble. It's true, my heart is confused, he wants me and insults me all in a few minutes. I can't even believe I am actually the heir to Amolderon. I growl, I'll never be left alone, I'll need him or another guard. Forget it, I'm just going to stay in the hut and read. He can be moody by himself.

....

After lunch and a nap, I lay on my side on the floor reading. Ryen was gone for awhile, I didn't take my nap until he returned. He didn't try to start a conversation and neither did I, didn't stop me from peeking up at him from time to time though. When Ryen is around I feel that warmth deep inside me that is just right. I set my book down, the main character feels the same about her men. Well kind of, except she has seven men! Not one strange... but could it really be possible to love more than one at a time?

"What was that face?" Ryen asks, suspicion coating his tone.

I look up at him, eyes wide, the warmth seems to turn into a fire as I meet his amber eyes. "Is it possible for someone to have seven soul mates? One seems to be ...normal, but multiple?" I really hoped that I disguising that I wanted to be his, even though I know there is another waiting for me. "How is one to know how that works anyway."

Ryen snatches my book and flips through it quickly, a smirk appears on his lips. "In books sure, in real life, lust and love are sometimes considered soul mates, true mates, fated mates whatever. I have never met anyone with that many, truly absurd." He chuckles.