Chapter 27

"Why do you insist on doing this to me?" He groans from nearby.

I keep my eyes closed, "Doing what?" I say innocently.

"Tormenting me with that body of yours."

"Maybe you should give in."

"Maybe I should stop trying to let you have free time and just take you straight to Remadee."

I know that he's joking but I still turn upright and stand, "You will not!" I want to stomp my foot, but I can't really do that under water.

He moves closer, in a dangerous way that has me backing up. "I will if you keep this up."

I'm still backing up inch by inch the water is getting shallower. "I didn't bring us out here." My stomach is back to fluttering, more than that my body seems to tighten in an eager anticipation of his touch.

"True, I still didn't think you'd just. Argh. I can't think straight with you naked."

I hmphed, "I believe I have clothing on." I cross my arms over my chest. "And you've seen me naked several times in Lux Falls, how is this any different?"

In a blink his arms are around me, I can feel his chest rise and fall a little faster than normal. He leans in almost painfully squishing my still crossed arms, "You are driving me insane. I suppose since you're going to keep up this succubus facade then we should just leave, and I'll tie your dress around you so you can't take it off." He pauses staring intensely, "Or you can go put your dress back on and we'll have lunch."

I stare at him for a moment testing to see how far I can push. His expression is unreadable now. "Fine!" I nearly spit, before turning back to the shore where I left my dress.

Ryen moves faster, no surprise there. He's dressed and has lunch set up under the covered table before I even have my dress back on. Show off. He moves too fast, my head seems to freeze where do I know that from... there's something disturbing...

"Come eat!" He hurries me, placing his hand on my lower back guiding me.

I roll my eyes, "Seriously? I thought this is my surprise why is there a rush?"

He smirks and sits down, watching me too closely.

I roll my eyes, but it's kinda cute. "What now?" I'm on the other side of the table eyeing the sandwiches, he gestures for me to take one. "Not eating again huh? What exactly is in your blood red drinks?" I was joking, but there was a look of suspicion in his eyes just long enough to know that he was very possibly drinking blood in those cups. My face flushes, "I didn't mean-."

"Liquor mixed with a native juice," he grins, eyes mischievous.

I know that he is lying. So I shrug and grab a sandwich. We eat quietly discussing the lake a little, but he doesn't let me go for a swim. In fact after I eat we head back to Waypoint. Very disappointing, my mood is horrid I don't want to look at him or anyone else for that matter. I only want my book and somewhere quiet in the cool evening air to lounge.