dallas and the secret

𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐃 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐂𝐊 𝐀𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 window jolts you awake, your body is warm and heavy as you squint your eyes from across the room.

¨y/n!¨

a hushed voice whispers.

you quickly pull the covers off of your body and stumble your way to the window. dallas stares back at you from the other side of the glass.

"babe, what are you doing here?" you say pulling him inside, he practically falls into you as he makes his way through.

"uhh- i don't really know y/n, i just really wanted to see you, is all."

you pull away from him as you get a whiff of his breath. he smells like booze. anger rises in your chest.

"dallas, why did you come here drunk? you know i hate when people drink around me. especially you."you huff out, turning your back to him and walking to back to your bed.

dallas and you have been dating for almost five months, and you thought that you guys had an understanding that you didn't drink. you hated alcohol, and the effect it on people, especially the effect it had on dallas.

"i'm sorry,"

you feel the bed sink in besides you. dallas reaches his hand under your chin, his cold fingers turning your eyes to face him. he looks down at you and brushes a piece of hair out of your face.

"i just had a beer or two tonight at the drag race. i'm sorry, okay? i knew i shouldn't have but i just got caught up in the moment."

he sighs out, his hand still under your chin. he waits patiently for your response. you wait a minute to respond, taking your time.

"it's okay dallas. i'm sorry too. i shouldn't try and control you like i'm your mother."

you look at him, his face is contorted into a look of disbelief, as he pulls you into him. your face is smashed into his shoulder, his strength somewhat advanced with alcohol in his system.

"no. don't say sorry. please don't," he says, his voice now filled with concern as he lays down slowly, pulling you down with him.

"you're just looking out for me y/n, and i love you for that because- i don't think anyone's ever done that before."

he stares up at your ceiling, his dark eyes moving across the room. now it's your turn to hold his face.

"Dallas,"you speak, your fingers tracing over his jaw. he turns to you, his hand now over yours.

"i love you. i love you so much, and i don't expect you to be perfect dal. god, i'm not perfect. nobody is."

he watched you closely now, his breathing growing heavier as he leans in closer, his breath is hot on your cheek. you stop the urge to move until his mouth is inches away from yours.

"y/n..." he trials off,

his lips brush your lips sweetly, and your mind is suddenly turned into mush.

as dallas moves in closer to you, the handle on your door jingles and in comes the light from the hallway. you gasp with surprise and dallas stops. steve comes into view standing in your doorway.