rumble

"WHY DO YOU THINK THEY ARE TAKING SO LONG?" you ask johnny, who sits besides you. he couldn't go to the rumble tonight because he hurt his arm yesterday playing football with the guys at the lot.

and of course your boyfriend steve wouldn't even let you help in the rumble, so you and johnny are currently waiting for them at the curtis house.

you look at the clock that hangs above of the television which reads 10:07. you grumble and get up from the couch, opening the screen door to the porch.

"stop worrying, will you y/n?"

johnny speaks, coming up from behind you and pulling you into the house, out of the cold night air.

"okay, okay."

you give in, stepping inside and throwing yourself on the couch. you wait for another 15 minutes before your eyes feel heavy and they flutter close.

the sound of yells and woops awake you from your sleep and the sound of the door swinging open.

"y/n, johnny! we won!" steve stands infront of you and pulls you into a hug.

"we sure did!"

pony chimes in, sitting next to johnny.

"but steve, look at your face!"

you tenderly brush your fingers across his cheek, motioning to his busted lip and already swollen eye.

"yeah so? you should see the other guy, y/n."

sodapop says as he laughs from the kitchen, holding ice to his cheek.

"shut the hell up will ya, curtis?"

you couldn't help but laugh at his remark.

"steve! shush and let me fix your face."

"THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE Y/N I TRIED!!"