teasing

"WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE?" you ask looking over your shoulder to sodapop. he doesn't look up from his deck of cards as he sits at the table grinning.

"i don't know y/n! it's just that you are taking my car all the way across town to meet some guy."

you laugh turning back to the cake you were putting icing on.

"he's not just some guy soda. he's my boyfriend. he was here last week!" you say getting another glob of white icing.

"and this cake is even for him!" you tease, pointing down to the plate.

soda stays quiet from his seat at the table, the silence filling the room uncomfortably.

"what's wrong?" you ask, stepping away from the cake and walking over towards him.

he looks up at you, a strange look in his eyes that you've never seen before.

he breathes in a deep breath, his hands shaky as they rest on the table.

"i like you y/n..."

his words come out small, almost so quiet that you didn't even catch them.

"hmm?" you respond cupping your right ear.

"stop teasing y/n! i said i like you."

you couldn't help but smile as you reach over to him and plant a kiss on his cheek.

"soda i like you too."

"wait y/n! what about your boyfriend?" soda questions, backing up from you.

you slap him on the arm as you start to laugh.

"he's not my boyfriend sodapop. kevin's just a friend. i was just kidding with you."

"really?" soda says grinning wildly, his face bright pink with blush.

"yeah..." you trail off leaning down to his lips.

"well that's not funny." he mumbles against you.

you smile as you break from the kiss to look into his eyes.

"it totally was."