study

AS YOU OPEN THE DOOR  johnny cade appears with a smile on his face.

"hi."

you grab his hand and pull him into your house which felt like alaska compared to the sizzling summer sun hanging high above tulsa.

"hey johnny." you reply, leading him to the couch and flicking on the tv, his hand still in yours.

"my mom just ordered some pizza like an hour ago, do you want some? it's your favorite too."

you say nodding to the cheese pizza on the counter. johnny doesn't look up from your hands when he gives you a simple nod.

"hey what's wrong?"

you ask leaning closer to him, your hand reaching to move a piece of his dark hair out of his eyes.

"nothing... hey want to go up to your room and start to study for that big science quiz?"

"sure."

once in your bedroom you both lay on your bed with your textbooks open. you read out loud as johnny plays with your h/c hair.

"the an-"

you're cut off from reading when johnny suddenly reaches over and plants his lips on yours. when he pulls away a giggle escapes past your lips.

"what was that for?"

he grins, "i don't know... you just have really pretty eyes."

"johnny you're too cute sometimes i swear."

you pull on his jacket collar and kiss him again. johnny cade is going to be the death of you.