first meet

"HEY Y/N ! wanna come over to my house after school?" ponyboy stands over your desk as you look up to see him waiting for an answer.

"yeah, sure."

"cool come over around 4:30 okay? i'll see you later i have chores."

he waves good bye as he walks out of mr. wills class and into the buzzing hallway. you sigh as you gather your textbooks from your desk and make your way to the front of the school.

if you were being honest- you were a little nervous to meet pony's gang.

the whole walk home you were debating if you should even go but, in the end you decided to.

you didn't change out of your jeans and sweatshirt but only tied your hair into a ponytail and headed out of the door, walking down the street to the curtis house.

when you reach the front gate and walk up the steps that stand infront of the door, the sound of loud music booms through the screen door.

you knock softly on the door frame,

"hello?"

the music soundly turns off and appears a guy with similar features to ponyboy, he wears a flannel and he smiles as he opens the door.

"hey doll, what can i do for you?"

"i'm a friend of ponyboy's, he invited me over."

"oh, you must be y/n! ponyboy said you were going to come over. come on in."

he pushes the door open enough for you to slide in. inside you're greeted by teenage boys scattered across the living room.

"hey y/n! "

ponyboy jumps up from the couch to greet you.

"guys, this is y/n."

the greasers on the couch smile and wave as you awkwardly stand infront of them.

you look over all of them and stop at the kid sitting closest to you. he's wearing a jean jacket and his hair is heavily greased.

"hey ! you must be johnny cade right?"

he seems shocked that you even talked to him. he struggles for words as he stutters.

"uh- yeah, how'd you know?" he blushes.

"pony talks about you all the time. besides who doesn't know who the johnny cade is?" you smile.