stay

THE SOUND OF THE FRONT DOOR UNLOCKING awakes you from your sleep. there's no major light in the living room, only the tv giving off a faint glow. the volume is turned down low so you easily hear footsteps coming down the hall.

"y/n, you know you don't have to wait up for me every night, right?" darry sits down besides you on the couch, giving you a peck on the lips.

"i do not," you say nonchalantly, "i'm just watching tv is all."

"yeah right y/l/n." darry smirks, taking off his sweatshirt.

"how's our little guy doing?"

darry says, gently putting his hand on your very pregnant belly.

"you mean girl, curtis." you say teasingly. you and darry have a bet going on to see what the baby's gender is gonna be. you're 100% sure it's a girl. you could just feel it.

he rolls his eyes playfully as he wraps an arm over your shoulders. you lean into your husband comfortably, breathing in his familiar scent.

"i missed you," you whisper, closing your eyes. "you work way too many hours a day. i don't even get to see you."

"listen y/n, i'll cut back on the hours once the baby comes. i just need to save up some money for all the diapers we're gonna need." he laughs at the last part.

"i know darry," you sigh getting slightly annoyed. "but i just want to spend some time with you. the baby's going to come in less then a month and i want you to be here with me."

darry gives you a sympathetic look as he leans in to kiss your cheek.

"y/n, i'll stay if you want me to," he mumbles against your cheek.

"really?" you say, looking into his eyes. the glow of the tv lighting up his pupils in the dark room.

"yeah, i'll spend the rest of your pregnancy here at home, here with you and little guy."

you pull away from him playfully, slapping his face lightly.

"girl. you mean girl..."