last chance

THE NIGHT WASN'T GOING GOOD AT ALL. you stand outside of the diner waiting for him. he still hasn't shown up and it's been over an hour.

you sigh, stepping back into the diner, heading back to your table. you might as well leave. you drop some money on the table for the busboy and grab your purse and your to-go box filled with soggy french fries.

"thanks." you mumble to the waitress as you step outside and into the rain.

your house is quiet as you open the front door. the hallway is dark and cold as you head towards your kitchen to grab a drink that you very much needed.

with your cold beer you grab your favorite blanket off of your bed and head to the living room to watch tv. you flip through channels and find nothing interesting enough to watch so you leave it on a news station.

you open the beer and chug half of it. he's such an asshole. tears slip onto your face quietly as you shake. how could he do this to you?

sooner rather than later, your loud sobs fill the apartment. then knocking comes, harsh on your door. your heart stops. it has to be him.

"y/n! come on, open up!" sodas voice yells through the door. he pounds harder on the door now, begging for you to let him in.

"why should i," you yell back, your voice shakey, "this was supposed to be your chance to explain but you didn't even bother to show up!"

"it's not my fault, okay. i had car trouble." he yells even louder.

you roll your eyes. what a douche bag.

"soda, i don't need this crap okay? this relationship ended because you cheated! not me, you! and when I give you the chance to make things right, you blow me off!" you scream walking over to the door and opening it.

he stands with his hands in his pockets and his head held low. his face dirty and all. so maybe he did have car trouble after all.

"look soda," you start softly, not caring to look at him any longer.

"i think it's best if you stop coming around here."

he doesn't say anything, he just nods.

"whatever you want y/n...." and he leaves.

you never see him again.