walks

"HE'S LOOKING AT YOU RIGHT NOW Y/N !" you turn your head slightly to the right and find ponyboy curtis staring at you. you turn back to your best friend and blush.

"why is he staring at me? do i have something on my face or something?"

y/f/n rolls her eyes at you.

"no y/n he's clearly into you."

you roll your eyes right back and finish your lunch before the bell rings.

after school you started your walk home carrying your books in your arms. you feel yourself tense at the sound of feet slamming againts the side walk but than relax when ponyboy slows into a stride besides you.

"hey."

pony boy mumbles, his breathing still hard from running.

"did you run all the way here just to walk with me?"

you tease grinning up at him. let's not lie now, you've had a crush on pony since the 5th grade.

he cracks a smile.

"yeah i did, i hope you don't mind."

you nod your head, "no not at all. if anything i'll enjoy your company."

you see pony's cheeks turn bright pink and you couldn't help but laugh.

ponyboy ended up walking you all the way to your house and he said he'd walk with you to school the next morning if you wanted him to.

you said yes.

a few weeks later since you've been walking to and from school with pony, you were doing homework in your kitchen when the phone rang.

you run over and pick the reciever up.

"hello..."

"hey y/n. its ponyboy."

"oh, hi ponyboy what's up?"

you found your hands fidgeting with the phone cord as you wait for pony's voice to come through the reciever.

you hear him sigh into the phone and clear his throat.

"well, i just ca-called to ask you if you wanted to go out with me tonight."

you catch yourself smiling before you respond.

"i would love to pony."

he laughs a relieved laugh.

"cool. i'll come and walk over around 7."

"sounds great."

"see you then."

you hang up the reciever and run up to your room to get your outfit together. it was already 5:30.