eavesdropping

"ARE YOU GUYS EVER GOING TO LEAVE?" you tease, setting down two more cokes onto their table. sodapop and two-bit came to harass you today at work.

"we are paying costumers here y/n!" two says sarcastically. you roll your eyes and make your way back towards the counter.

"hey y/n, big group of people just walked in and i think they got the tables in the back. i'll take care out here while you go take their orders!!"

yells missy, one of the other waitresses who works here at the dingo with you. she is a tall pale redhead with these huge green eyes. you've gotten to be pretty good friends.

"sure no problem!" you call back- grabbing more menus. you walk over to the large group of people and smile. they look middle class and they'll probably spend some cash in here. you brush the small piece of h/c hair that keeps on falling out of your ponytail behind your ear.

"follow me this way please." you instruct, walking through the tables to get to where the larger tables are, where most of the parties are held.

you get the group seated and set out the menus before getting their drink orders and making your way back out towards the bar.

"get the hell off of me!" you hear someone yell from the side of the bar. you run towards the sound as you hear glass shatter and punches fly. two greasers were on the floor fist fighting. one guy reaching for his blade.

"that's enough!" you yell, setting down your tray. you grab one guys shoulder and hold him back while missy holds the other guy down.

"we don't do this here! if you two want to fight do it outside but, not in here! and one of you, i don't care which one, better pay for these broken glasses!" i say before letting go of the guy i was holding. they both look at each other and scowl.

"i'll add up the total and you guys can split the bill." missy says, running for the cash register.

you get up and head behind the bar to get the drink orders from the previous table. 3 cokes, 3 beers, and 1 root beer. later your shift is finally over.

you head to the back room to get your leather jacket and plan to head out when you hear yelling. oh god, probably another fight.

" y/n l/n ! we have a fight going on, can you come help?" missy's voice calls out from the hallway, she sounds scared.

you debate whether or not to let her know your in here.

"what kind of fight it is?" you ask stepping out into the hallway and finally looking at missy's worried face.

"some girl and this guy. it doesn't seem like it's going to get physical but they are doing a lot of yelling and they're disrupting the other costumers!"

you sigh,"missy look, you do work here right," she nods," well if you work here you should be able to break up a fight by now! i've worked here for years and i've probably broke apart 50 fights,"

"so what i'm saying is, you should go out there and show that stupid couple who they're dealing with," you say slapping her arm,"plus my shifts over!"

she grins and gives you a quick thanks before heading back out.

once you heard the commotion go down you picked up your things and headed back out toward sodapop and two's booth. they both looked at you with funny as you approach.

"what?" you ask knowingly, sliding into the booth.

two-bit grins,"dallas and sylvia were just here and they had this huge fight! dallas is at the bar." he says pointing. you follow his arm and sure enough there he is. his back was to you guys, so all you could see was his leather jacket. you turn back around.