crush

"I THINK YOU SHOULD GO ASK HIM OUT." says sodapop who nudges you with his elbow. you were currently at the dx, talking with your older brother about the guy you had a crush on since the first grade.

"do you think steve will say yes?" you whisper, looking out the window to see steve pumping gas for a shiny mustang.

"y/n, stop doubting yourself okay? you're beautiful. any guy would be lucky to have you." your brother says from behind the counter, his face genuinely serious.

"thanks sodapop." you say, stepping out of the doors.

"hey steve!" you yell, walking over to where he was standing. he is still pumping gas into the shiny new car, that is filled with soc girls. you take a deep breath.

"hey y/n, what's up?" he smiles.

"okay steve, i just want to tell you something, something that's been on my mind for some time now," you start.

the girls in the car are clearly listening as they hang their heads out of the window.

"i like you steve randle... i know it's weird since you're my brothers best friend. but i really do like you steve."

claps errupt from the car of soc girls as you finish your mini speech.

"you go y/n!"

steve just grins as he pulls you close to him.

"guess what y/n?"

"what?" you ask breathlessly, looking up at the guy you want to spend the rest of your life with.

"i like you too."

then honks and whistles errupt from the car. you couldn't help but laugh againts steve's lips.